Thread: Amazon MP3 downloads

lbs Guest

Default Amazon MP3 downloads

I'm also having a problem with ZA at Amazon, but specifically with their mp3 downloads.
    When initiating the download of the mp3's to the Amazon download utility, I get a message that says ZA has encountered a stability problem and that I have already sent the info to ZA (which I did the first time this happened). The IE shutsdown and auto restarts.

I have done the ZA reset (which fixed the auto updates which were not happening), but didn't fix this problem. The problem did not occur with ZA 8.x, but started with the upgrade to 9.

Using IE 6.0 on XP, and following is my ZA info (latest version):
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:998065024
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

findley Guest

Default Re: Amazon MP3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by lbs View Post
    I'm also having a problem with ZA at Amazon, but specifically with their mp3 downloads.
    When initiating the download of the mp3's to the Amazon download utility, I get a message that says ZA has encountered a stability problem and that I have already sent the info to ZA (which I did the first time this happened). The IE shutsdown and auto restarts.

I have done the ZA reset (which fixed the auto updates which were not happening), but didn't fix this problem. The problem did not occur with ZA 8.x, but started with the upgrade to 9.

Using IE 6.0 on XP, and following is my ZA info (latest version):
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:998065024
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Is this an issue that you submitted a tech ticket to technical support for? If so, the best way forward IMHO is to continue to pursue this issue with tech support if you have already submitted data to them once, if I am reading your post correctly.

Also, side note, but IE version6 is a very vulnerable browser to still be using. This may be of interest to you http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...de-977981.aspx
    Findley
    Last edited by findley; December 4th, 2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo

Hello,

We tested this internally and there is no general bug in ZA that causes any problems with the Amazon MP3 dowloader.

What we believe the issue is on you one particular system is specific to your PC only.

its very possible is an issue thats not a bug in ZA but caused by several other apps or drivers on your PC making it a combo generated issue and not a bug in ZA.

You could try following the direction found on the forum for resetting your database files in ZA to see if that helps or performing and uninstall and downloading and installing the latest version again.

If that fails in your case then uninstall and sign up for the beta program and download and install the new beta. If the problem persists you could report it to the beta feedback team.

If they determine it an issue in ZA then it might get fixed in 2010. If its something specific to your system setup and apps, then it probably cant be fixed.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lbs Guest

Thanks for the testing it and the suggestions. I'll give it a try.
    Its mostly a nusance right now.
    Once EI crashes and restarts the downloads work fine.
    It probably is something specific with my system.
    It just didn't show up until the latest version of ZA??
    Which probably means that the new ZA doesn't like what last version let slide.

Thanks.

findley Guest

Arrow Re: Amazon MP3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by lbs View Post
    Thanks for the testing it and the suggestions. I'll give it a try.
    Its mostly a nusance right now.
    Once EI crashes and restarts the downloads work fine.
    It probably is something specific with my system.
    It just didn't show up until the latest version of ZA??
    Which probably means that the new ZA doesn't like what last version let slide.

Thanks.
    Have you already tried resetting internet explorer to defaults?
    Findley

Thread Information