Thread: Limited access

FREE T Guest

Default Limited access

I have win7 and everything worked great untill I installed zonealarm.
    I updated it and now my network access always says internet is limited - limited access and it shows red X in the notification area.When I shut down zonealarm everything worksInternet works dont get me wrong but it just says limited access

Default Re: Limited access

Hi!

• version of WIN7? Retail or Beta? ZA support retail version of windows 7
    • version of ZA? Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it in a new reply
    • Other security tools installed?
    • Using window7 network interface or thrid party interface?
    • Connecting in WIFI?

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

FREE T Guest

WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM I think its bet but I forgot its been a long time since I installed it
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Wireless internet
    Im using avast home and peerblock
    Also I tested speed and its the same which is weird right.So its just annoying to see limited access cause it makes you feel its going slower than it should be+if I start zonealarm after I connect to the internet its ok but I dont know will this keep me protected.

Hi!
    yes, you probably use the wifi card software to connect to the wifi router. Try to use native windows 7 wifi controls and it should work correctly.

Also ensure that "load ZA at startup" is checked at boot (ZA overview --> preferences)

Add ZA folders (in program control and system32 folders) to the AVAST exclusion list. Peerblock may conflict with ZA firewall and toolbar. Try to test the system after having removed peerblock.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 5th, 2009 at 02:15 AM.

FREE T Guest

Talking Re: Limited access

Hi!
    yes, you probably use the wifi card software to connect to the wifi router. Try to use native windows 7 wifi controls and it should work correctly.

Also ensure that "load ZA at startup" is checked at boot (ZA overview --> preferences)

Add ZA folders (in program control and system32 folders) to the AVAST exclusion list). Peerblock may conflict with ZA firewall and toolbar. Try to test the system after having removed peerblock.

Cheers,
    Fax

you probably use the wifi card software to connect to the wifi router. Try to use native windows 7 wifi controls and it should work correctly.
    COULD YOU EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THIS CAUSE I NEVER DONE IT
    It doesnt have any problems with peerblock the both programs work together and great

Quote Originally Posted by FREE T View Post
    COULD YOU EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THIS CAUSE I NEVER DONE IT
    This depends on the WIFI software you use. There should be an options to use Operanting System controls rather than wifi card software.
    Sorry, I cannot help on the specific settings. Post the software you use, may be other users here will have some hints.

Quote Originally Posted by FREE T View Post
    It doesnt have any problems with peerblock
    There is always a first time, you never know

Othewise your next stop is the ZA offical technical support, free for registered users. Link in my signature. They are closed on weekends.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 5th, 2009 at 02:38 AM.

Thread Information