Thread: ZAISS 9.1.008.000 Still Won't Update Antivirus/spyware

hedera Guest

Default ZAISS 9.1.008.000 Still Won't Update Antivirus/spyware

I saw the reported problem almost immediately after upgrading - ZA has a warning that the antivirus/spyware defs aren't updated, and I have to update manually. I got the warnings both on my WinXP Pro SP3 desktop and my Vista Home Premium laptop. I did the recommended procedure, resetting restarting. Worked for a few weeks, now failing again. I've seen a reference to a newer version of 9.1.x - can someone give me the link? My so-called automatic update doesn't pick it up.

Default Re: ZAISS 9.1.008.000 Still Won't Update Antivirus/spyware

Assuming you are running the ZA Suite 8, you will find latest ZA Suite here:
    www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/

When asked do not retain your ZA 8 settings. Start with a fresh and clean install.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

findley Guest

Arrow Re: ZAISS 9.1.008.000 Still Won't Update Antivirus/spyware

Quote Originally Posted by hedera View Post
    I saw the reported problem almost immediately after upgrading - ZA has a warning that the antivirus/spyware defs aren't updated, and I have to update manually. I got the warnings both on my WinXP Pro SP3 desktop and my Vista Home Premium laptop. I did the recommended procedure, resetting restarting. Worked for a few weeks, now failing again. I've seen a reference to a newer version of 9.1.x - can someone give me the link? My so-called automatic update doesn't pick it up.
    Hi,
    Maybe you are referring to seeing a reference to 9.1.045.000 which has been announced. New ZoneAlarm beta has been released 9.1.045.000 This beta is ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and ZoneAlarm AntirVirus https://www.zonealarm.com/security/e...eta-center.htm
    There is no beta currently for ZASS
    hope this helps,
    Findley
    Last edited by findley; December 5th, 2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo

hedera Guest

Sorry, fax, wrong assumption - I'm running ZAISS 9.1.008.000. I've just been forcing the manual upgrade. The link you gave me was to 9.1.008.000; I'm almost sure I've seen someone referring to 9.1.014.000 and saying it was mucho faster. Is there such an upgrade, or am I hallucinating? Or is it still in beta?

I'll add that I just had to start my weekly virus scan manually because my ZAISS ignored the weekly scheduled time.

hedera Guest

OK, while I was posting, it sounds as if Findley has answered my question - I must have seen a reference to the 9.1.045.000 beta for ZA Extreme Security. Guess I'm just out of luck for awhile.

Ah...ok...
    May be around December or January it will be released

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information