Thread: Block mail still getting through

bluefire Guest

Default Block mail still getting through

I have blocked "Tele*** (~~ snip ~~ No e-mail allowed.)" in the junk mail filter, both the "Personal" & "Company" addresses. It continues to get through the filter although the program puts it in the "Zone Alarm Junk Mail" box. I continue to "Report" it every time but nothing changes.

Shouldn't this mail be blocked entirely? Why is it still coming through?
    Last edited by fax; November 29th, 2009 at 09:23 PM.

garywa Guest

Default Re: Block mail still getting through

Quote Originally Posted by bluefire View Post
    I have blocked "Teleflora (teleflora@telefloramktcom.com)" in the junk mail filter, both the "Personal" & "Company" addresses. It continues to get through the filter although the program puts it in the "Zone Alarm Junk Mail" box. I continue to "Report" it every time but nothing changes.

Shouldn't this mail be blocked entirely? Why is it still coming through?
    No. See the underlined portion below, which I found in the ZA Help file:
    Allowing or blocking e-mail from specific senders

Each time you send an e-mail to a new person, the junk e-mail filter automatically adds to the Allowed list, the address in the To field. Messages sent to you from those addresses will be put in your Inbox.

When you receive an e-mail from a sender on the Blocked list, the junk e-mail filter automatically moves the message to the Outlook folder named ZoneAlarm Junk Mail.

If an unwanted e-mail arrives in your Outlook Inbox, you can easily add the sender of that message to your Blocked People list.

To add e-mail addresses to your Allowed or Blocked list:
    1. In your Outlook or Outlook Express e‑mail program, select an e-mail.
    2. In the junk e‑mail filter toolbar, click ZoneAlarm Options, then choose Allow Sender or Block Sender.
    For the few senders where I know I want to flat out delete their messages, I set up Mail Rules in Outlook to delete the message directly from the POP3 mail server. That way it never even gets downloaded from my ISP's mail server to my PC. ZA never sees it and Outlook never sees it.

Hope this information helps.

Thread Information