Thread: [Solved] how did I get ZA Forcefield?

paulinem Guest

Default [Solved] how did I get ZA Forcefield?

I have oodles of "ZAforcefield" files on my computer, maybe from an update? I have ZAPro ver.9.1.008 and it takes 15 or 20 minutes for ZA to load when I boot up our computer. Never had this problem until recently.

We have Windows XP Home Edition, ver.2002, SP3. Maybe unrelated but recently "used space" on my C drive sometimes goes as high as 97+%; "normal" is well under 50%. These problems may or may not be related... and when did I get the "ZA forcefield"?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 7th, 2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: rewording

Default Re: how did I get ZA Forcefield?

Quote Originally Posted by paulinem View Post
    I have oodles of "ZAforcefield" files on my computer, maybe from an update? I have ZAPro ver.9.1.008 and it takes 15 or 20 minutes for ZA to load when I boot up our computer. Never had this problem until recently.

We have Windows XP Home Edition, ver.2002, SP3. Maybe unrelated but recently "used space" on my C drive sometimes goes as high as 97+%; "normal" is well under 50%. These problems may or may not be related... and when did I get the "ZA forcefield"?
    With the information you have provided no body can read your mind.Please provide the following so users can address your issue.

Don't really understand your full issue.Need detail information of issue or screen shot.

Could you provide more relevant information so users can address your issue.Post the following :

ForceField version : If version 1.5.53.49 ( standalone ) or ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.36.2

Overlapping Security Tools (even if disabled)

Computer Brand / Computer Memory (If laptop brand : Acer / Toshiba / Lenovo)

Web Browser / Add-ons / Plugins

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 6th, 2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: edited @ 2:56PM & Added info

paulinem Guest

I do not know what version of Forcefield I have or how it got on my computer. If you would tell me where to go for the specific information on ZA forcefield, I'd appreciate it. I finally found a program under my program files, "C:\Program files\Checkpoint\ZA Forcefield." It wouldn't be to your advantage to read my mind cause I have no idea what's going on here. How do I glean the info you want on this program?

I do not know what version of Forcefield I have or how it got on my computer. If you would tell me where to go for the specific information on ZA forcefield, I'd appreciate it. I finally found a program under my program files, "C:\Program files\Checkpoint\ZA Forcefield." It wouldn't be to your advantage to read my mind cause I have no idea what's going on here. How do I glean the info you want on this program?
    Most likely you're running the limited ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.36.2

My suggestion is to uninstall ZAPro ver.9.1.008.Run CCleaner for cleanup of your registry.You can download at this link :

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim

Next time when installing 9.1 pay close attention when it asks you for " Installation Options ".Untick / Disable Install the browser security toolbar.

See here how to uninstall and reinstall at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...101#post272101

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

paulinem Guest

Sky Soldiers, You've been a real help. I do see now that I have the ZA Browser Security Toolbar at the top of my window and found ZA Force Field 1.5.53.4. Maybe I will have to do the uninstall and reinstall my ZAPro as you suggest. First, I am going to ask tech support live chat tomorrow if this could be causing my the usage surge and/or the delay in loading ZA. (I have a paid product.) I'm grateful for your helping me through this maze. Amazing what one little checked box will do. My best to you. Wish me luck.

Sky Soldiers, You've been a real help. I do see now that I have the ZA Browser Security Toolbar at the top of my window and found ZA Force Field 1.5.53.4. Maybe I will have to do the uninstall and reinstall my ZAPro as you suggest. First, I am going to ask tech support live chat tomorrow if this could be causing my the usage surge and/or the delay in loading ZA. (I have a paid product.) I'm grateful for your helping me through this maze. Amazing what one little checked box will do. My best to you. Wish me luck.
    You're welcome paulinem and good luck

BTW : You are using ZAPro ver.9.1.008.ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4 is for ZAES.

Hope Live Chat get you in the right path.Maybe It might take a few iterations to resolve.

Have a nice Day

paulinem Guest

Smile Re: how did I get ZA Forcefield?

To report back... I did contact the ZA tech who said I could just remove ZA Toolbar program via "add/remove." Thought this would be a good idea since you suggested my ZAP and the forcefield (ZAES) might not be compatable. Did that and so far, so good. You were great to help me think this through and understand what was going on. You're a good computer doctor who "listens" to his patients .

To report back... I did contact the ZA tech who said I could just remove ZA Toolbar program via "add/remove." Thought this would be a good idea since you suggested my ZAP and the forcefield (ZAES) might not be compatable. Did that and so far, so good. You were great to help me think this through and understand what was going on. You're a good computer doctor who "listens" to his patients .
    My apologies gave wrong info.This is correct info for Browser Security Toolbar :

ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4

Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.58

Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0

Spyware Sites Database 04.020

Same as ZAES but without the Virtualization.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 8th, 2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: edited @ 9:23AM & correction

Thread Information