Thread: Install Extreme Security causes EasyBCD Crash

Dave22 Guest

Default Install Extreme Security causes EasyBCD Crash

I am running Windows 7 64bit and want to manage multi boot with EasyBCD. This works fine if installed on a virgin Win 7 install. But as soon as I install Zone Extreme Security EasyBCD crashes on startup.

According to the EasyBCD forums this crash is caused by something being "broken" in .NET 2.0 But if I download and reinstall .NET 2.0 - its installer says "already installed".

Anyone have any idea if/what Zone is doing to the Win7 x64 .NET components?

Default Re: Install Extreme Security causes EasyBCD Crash

Hello,

ZA does not use or need any .net version on the PC to run.

We have never programed our products to use or need .net installed.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Dave22 Guest

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick response, it is good to remove the .NET angle from my problem.

However I still have the problem that Easy BCD runs normally when Zone is not installed but once Zone is installed than easy BCD crashes on startup. If I uninstall Zone, it will then work OK again.

Can you suggest what Zone may be doing to cause this? I have given Easy BCD full permissions in the Zone programs screen.

The error I get is:
    Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Dave22 Guest

Hi, I would also like to find out why the same version of EasyBCD runs under Windows XP 32bit but not under windows 7 64 bit when I have Zone Alarm Extreme Security installed in both environments.

EasyBCD runs fine in both environments if Zone is not installed. Clearly it is Zone that is having the effect, I would just like to know if there is something I can do to Zone to fix this - other than considering another firewall next time my subscription is up for renewal.

Thread Information