Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:998794496
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.58
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.020

My OS is: Windows Pro 7

Keep receiving virus warning for Rarepacker.Multi.Genric in DVD Shrink (both exe and zip)

Followed instructions about antivirus false positives. Uploded file to obtain conformation it was viris free. Send email to nw virus @ Kaspesky. Received confirmation that it was indeed a false positive and was advised to place it in the exception list, which I did.

I have added the supposed virus 'RarePacvker.Multi.Generic' and each file (exe & zip).

Yet every time the scan runs I keep getting a virus alert which I then have to clear.

Have I missed something? Do I need to add something else?

This is annoying.

Default Re: Antivirus exceptions scan problem

Quote Originally Posted by ghealy View Post
    Yet every time the scan runs I keep getting a virus alert which I then have to clear.

Have I missed something? Do I need to add something else?
    Yes, you should also exclude the "on demand" scan by UNchecking the file(s) from the "scan target" (advanced options of the ZA antivirus/antispyware section).

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

azencrypted Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghealy View Post
    Keep receiving virus warning for Rarepacker.Multi.Genric in DVD Shrink (both exe and zip) This is annoying.
    I have ZAES 9.1.008.000 w/ the Firefox 3.5.5 patch. I've excluded RarePacker.Multi.Generic in SCAN TARGETS (.../progfiles/DVD Shrink 3.2.exe) and in EXCEPTIONS (exempt from on-access and on-demand scans) multiple times on/off/on and ZAES still continues to attempt quarantine every fracking time I start up DVD Shrink 3.2.

Great product with this exception - any suggestions as to ZAES's continued ignorance????

ghealy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Yes, you should also exclude the "on demand" scan by UNchecking the file(s) from the "scan target" (advanced options of the ZA antivirus/antispyware section).
    Thanks fax. Will try that.

samlar Guest

go to antivirus then advance then exceptions the add. Once there select on access scan and browes to the file location and click on it to add it.
    do the same thing again only this time instead of on access select type pick trusted process and add the file to it also. This will fix the problem
    or at least it did for me. The only problem is that if you reload zonealarm you will have to do it again. If you read the dvdshink post in
    zonealarm product feedback forum you will see that they are working on a fix.

azencrypted Guest

Bien! 2nd entry for Trusted Process fixed it. Many thanks for the solution to MY ignorance... BTW, looks like these settings are included in the XML backup file (Overview-Preferences-Backup & Restore).

Oops - spoke too soon. Tried DVD Shrink about 20 mins later and ZAES quarantines the .exe via on-access scan. I then un-quarantine (restore), try DVD Shrink again, and now ZAES wants to rename. I select IGNORE ALWAYS and APPLY (like I've done 15-20 times before) to access DVD Shrink. Ignore Always and Apply in the scan results window definitely DOES NOT ignore always.

Next setting to change?
    Last edited by azencrypted; December 10th, 2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: clarity

samlar Guest

do both trusted process and on access for the dvdshink3.2.exe in exceptions should fix it the ignore always does nothing for me do not know why they even have it.

Thread Information