Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truevector not loading at boot up.

Default Truevector not loading at boot up.

I get the following two event errors at bootup. Eventually truevector does start. What is the problem? Is there not enough time allotted for ZA to load properly right away?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 11/26/2009
    Time: 9:28:03 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: STAN-107C7C526F
    Description:
    The TrueVector Internet Monitor service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 7009
    Date: 12/8/2009
    Time: 2:44:01 PM
    Description:
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the TrueVector Internet Monitor service to connect.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

cliff_rigg Guest

Default Re: Truevector not loading at boot up.

Quote Originally Posted by stanton View Post
    I get the following two event errors at bootup. Eventually truevector does start. What is the problem? Is there not enough time allotted for ZA to load properly right away?

Event ID: 7000
    Date: 11/26/2009
    Time: 9:28:03 AM
    Description:
    The TrueVector Internet Monitor service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Event ID: 7009
    Date: 12/8/2009
    Time: 2:44:01 PM
    Description:
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the TrueVector Internet Monitor service to connect.

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number , Brand of Computer and CPU.

I'm Sorry, but you will need to provide more information about your Version of Windows, Type of ZoneeAlarm and version Number , Brand of Computer and CPU..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number , Brand of Computer and CPU.

Sorry, you are absolutely right...I know better. Just frustrated with this problem.
    Here is the info:
    XP Pro SP3
    ZA Pro version 9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version 9.1.008.000
    Driver version 9.1.008.000
    Home made Pentium 4 with Intel 3.ghz
    Internet connection is a cable modem (not DSL) connected to a router that supplies internet to several computers.
    3 internal hard drives...2 sata (one of the sata's is the boot drive) and 1 IDE.
    1 gig of memory
    internal CDrom burner
    internal DVD burner
    Nvidia Geforce GT 6600 video card
    Primary use is for business.

Some additional observations...
    I have stopped ZA from loading and found that the computer boots MUCH faster. After it has booted I can click on ZA and it will start without much problems...no errors in the event viewer.

garywa Guest

Looking at your desktop hardware, yours is set up very similar to mine and I have never seen the problem you describe.

My first thought would be that some other piece of software may be causing a conflict. I would suggest using msconfig to prove or disprove any possible conflict.

Follow the steps by Guru fax in the second post of this topic to eliminate other startup programs as a test:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70644

Let us know how you make out.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:998983232
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Garywa:
    Your hunch is correct.
    After following Guru's directions...ZA loaded quickly and event free.
    Now I have to go through putting about 45 checks marks (one at a time) to methodically try to figure out which service or startup program/s is/are causing the conflicts.
    This is going to take a while.
    Thanks.
    PS Do you think that uninstalling ZA and reinstalling it would solve the conflicts? If so I would I save all my settings in ZA?

garywa Guest

I know, working backwards through the msconfig startup items can be a time consuming pain. I hate it too.

What might save you some time is to add back about half at a time. Then half again, then half again. It should go a little faster.

You could certainly try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of ZA. No harm in trying. As far as saving the settings, you certainly can, but I usually don't. I want a CLEAN install when I do that, so I just review the settings in my mind, make a few notes for reference and then manually put them back after the install.

Whew!
    That was arduous. But "low and behold"...I found the culprit.
    Strangely, it was AOL's FAST START that gets loaded at bootup. Why after all these years does this now conflict??? Who knows, but at least ZA Pro is happy which makes my system happy, which makes me tired but happy.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    By the way, on a slightly different note...have you had problems with ForceField?
    I have had to disable it as it causes Firefox to load very slowly.

Darn! I thought I fixed it, but it is still happening. Any other ideas???

JNicoll Guest

ZoneAlarm Pro version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000

I've got Win XP Pro SP3 on an AMD Sempron 1.8GHz machine, with 1 GB RAM.

I'm seeing the same in the event log, starting from 13th Dec which is the day after I upgraded to V9 of ZAP. Eventlog records go back to mid October, so I think it's reasonable to say this is a ZAP V9 problem.

In each block of eventlog records just after I boot, I see SNMP start, then the next (one second later) records are the TrueVector timeout ones, then (later) there's a chunk of other services reporting normal startup.

Is TrueVector's failure to start holding everything else up? If so is it significant that the SNMP start seems always to happen just before the timeout?

I'm aware that boot is already slowed down significantly by my anti-virus software's 'startup scan' and to all intents and purposes the machine is unuseable for 4-5 minutes after switch-on while that completes. My a/v is ESET's NOD32, V4.0.467.0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information