Thread: Zone Alarm did not detected system defender malware

kirkstrandberg Guest

Default Zone Alarm did not detected system defender malware

I have ZA security suite but have now been infected with 'System Defender' malware and can not remove it.

I can not boot into safe mode.

I can not get task manager up.

Does anyone know how to remove this?

I presumed that ZA security suite would have stopped this.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers,

Kirk

Default Re: Zone Alarm did not detected system defender malware

Hi!
    if you have still the installer, please send it to newvirus at kaspersky dot com. Subject: Rouge antivirus. Attach the file in a password protected zip. Include the password in the message.

For cleaning your system please see here
    If the above fails please post your Hijackthis log to BleepingComputer or SpywareHammer. Instructions are posted on those sites.

Next time never ever trust whatever windows that tells you that you are infected. Just closed it.
    Only beleive pop-ups that comes from ZA

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 9th, 2009 at 11:04 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kirkstrandberg Guest

Hi fax,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry about the delay but as you can imagine I have been busy trying to sort this out.

Although if I ahd got back to the forum I would have found the link to malwarebytes which seems to have sorted the infections.

This is a horrible infection.

When it starts the warnings it covers the screen and disables task manager so you can not stop the process.

It intially allowed a reboot which was the only option I had but this allowed me to follow the link from the shortcut that was put on the desktop and so I deleted those files that it pointed to.

On the next reboot it would not go any further after to log-in screen and just froze.

I guess if I had found the link you sent I would have saved a lot of time so thanks.

I am disapointed that zone alarm internet security did not pick this up and also you have to use a third party tool to remove the infection. (I thought that is why I bought ZA- to protect against this sort of thing.)

Thank you once again fax.

Have a brilliant Christmas.

Cheers,

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kirkstrandberg View Post
    I am disapointed that zone alarm internet security did not pick this up and also you have to use a third party tool to remove the infection. (I thought that is why I bought ZA- to protect against this sort of thing.)

Thank you once again fax.

Have a brilliant Christmas.

Cheers,

Kirk
    Hi!
    No security tool can guarantee 100% protection from all malware out there, this is valid for ZA and any other software. For this specific infection its mainly a question of common sense. Never trust any communication other than ZA telling that you are infected.

Happy Xmas to you too!

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information