XP Sp3 Dell Inspiron laptop, ZA was the only security app, using zaAvSetup_93_037_000:
- full uninstall & cleanup of ZA reg keys, dlls, etc. using safe mode to make sure they were removed
- windows update to be sure I had all of the latest & greatest XP code; even got all of the optional updates
- Ran Kapersky and other ZA suggested a/v & malware detection - all good
- Cleaned out prefetch & temp dirs
- cleaned up registry using ccleaner
- uninstalled pgms that I wasn't using
- disabled all non-msft services and startup items.
- reinstalled using zaAvSetup_93_037_000_en.exe - no avail
- confirmed vsdatant.sys was in \windows\system32
Installing a 9.1x version from Dec 2009 works just great though that's too dated for my comfort. v9.3 had been working, I really cannot determine why it stopped. Turbotax is the only new app I've installed recently.
Any ideas ZA users?? Tech support doesn't have any more ideas.
During the windows update process I did discover Microsoft Security Essentials free A/V, that's what I'm running now. It probably won't command any respect here but at least it runs on my pc. However I really preferred the ZA firewall to the windows firewall. Rats.