Thread: desktop issues

trevor62 Guest

Default desktop issues

Since I upgraded to zone alarm extreme, when I close my browser I have these, what appear to be log files on my desktop. These files are titled:epctlsp,pctlsp, and so forth but they all end in lsp. If I'm on the web for awhile, I'll close and have as many as 20 of these files on my desktop. Any ideas? and how to fix?

Default Re: desktop issues

Quote Originally Posted by trevor62 View Post
    Since I upgraded to zone alarm extreme, when I close my browser I have these, what appear to be log files on my desktop. These files are titled:epctlsp,pctlsp, and so forth but they all end in lsp. If I'm on the web for awhile, I'll close and have as many as 20 of these files on my desktop. Any ideas? and how to fix?
    You don't provide very much information.

Detail information of issue or screenshot

Your OS : XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7

Overlapping Security Tools (even if disabled) .The file pctlsp.dll is installed by PC Tools Antivirus.

Right click on ZoneAlarm icon on System tray by the clock and click About.Click Copy to Clipboard and then OK.After entering text to message panel, on your keyboard enter key combinations Ctrl + V to paste to message the ZoneAlarm Version.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 10th, 2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: typo

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number , Brand of Computer and CPU.

==============================
    pctlsp is a process belonging to the PC Tools Content Filter program.

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

My Search for pctlsp.dll was based from :

http://www.pctools.com/forum/index.php

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 11th, 2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to Add Have a nice Day

trevor62 Guest

Here is more info as requested. I am running Windows XP SP3, Pentium 4 2.8ghz. 1.5 GB of ram. The utilities that I have running are PC Tools Registry Mechanic Version 8.0.0.906. Check Point PC Tune-up Version 1.1.0.7. and ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:999000704
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4

Here is more info as requested. I am running Windows XP SP3, Pentium 4 2.8ghz. 1.5 GB of ram. The utilities that I have running are PC Tools Registry Mechanic Version 8.0.0.906. Check Point PC Tune-up Version 1.1.0.7. and ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:999000704
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    It's possible that PC Tools Registry Mechanic Version 8.0.0.906 could be your issue.

Read Guru GeorgeV post to the following reference.

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues remove the other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

If this does not resolve your issue contact Support :

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

Thread Information