Thread: ZAFF toolbar doesn't load with IE and limited user account

bonsky Guest

Default ZAFF toolbar doesn't load with IE and limited user account

Hi guys !

Little problem here, when load up a limited user account (Window Xp SP3) my ZAFF (ver 1.5.053.049) doesn't load start up (setting is set to load at start up) , I have to start it manually....after a long starting (3 min) the icon finaly show up at task bar...

With Firefox (3.5.5) no problem but with IE 8 the ZAFF toolbar doesn't load, it's diseable by default in the add-on management, I have to enable it manualy...

Before this post a trying the following

1.Unistall Mr. ZAFF
    2.Clean up all IE tempory file and trace
    3.Reset IE
    4.Install ZAFF

But the problem occure...

Note : With admistror account everything work...

Thanks and have a nice day !

Default Re: ZAFF toolbar doesn't load with IE and limited user account

Quote Originally Posted by bonsky View Post
    Hi guys !

Little problem here, when load up a limited user account (Window Xp SP3) my ZAFF (ver 1.5.053.049) doesn't load start up (setting is set to load at start up) , I have to start it manually....after a long starting (3 min) the icon finaly show up at task bar...

With Firefox (3.5.5) no problem but with IE 8 the ZAFF toolbar doesn't load, it's diseable by default in the add-on management, I have to enable it manualy...

Before this post a trying the following

1.Unistall Mr. ZAFF
    2.Clean up all IE tempory file and trace
    3.Reset IE
    4.Install ZAFF

But the problem occure...

Note : With admistror account everything work...

Thanks and have a nice day !
    So far you have provide OS / Window Xp SP3 and ForceField ver 1.5.053.049 (standalone),Could you provide ZoneAlarm version.

If you are using current version 9.1 look at the following :

From Readme for ZoneAlarm 9.1

General :

b. For security reasons, ZoneAlarm is not supported on system guest accounts.

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

bonsky Guest

Thanks Sky for your time n' post,

With ZAFF , I use ZAAV version 9.1.008.000 and it work great with my admni account and limited user account (it's not a guest account, only a limited user account that created for basic security strategy purpose, 95% on every day computing usage is done with this account)

Ok I will launch a little help to the costumer support.

Have a nice day

Thanks Sky for your time n' post,

With ZAFF , I use ZAAV version 9.1.008.000 and it work great with my admni account and limited user account (it's not a guest account, only a limited user account that created for basic security strategy purpose, 95% on every day computing usage is done with this account)

Ok I will launch a little help to the costumer support.

Have a nice day
    Yes, it's best to check with support.

Please post back what support suggested so other users can benefit from solution provided from them.

One question.Did you install ForceField using an account with full Administrative rights when installing the software.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 13th, 2009 at 09:38 AM.

bonsky Guest

Yep, ZAFF was installed using an account with full Administrative rights (I'm the administrator of this PC) and ZAFF working great on this account.

It's only in limited user account that ZAFF seem to get trouble to start itself, but once it start manualy and enable manualy in the toolbar management (IE8) ZAFF is OK and do the job...

Is there a ZAFF's user got these same kind of trouble ?

Thanks guys

(And sorry for my english...it's not my primary language but I love to pratice)

Yep, ZAFF was installed using an account with full Administrative rights (I'm the administrator of this PC) and ZAFF working great on this account.

It's only in limited user account that ZAFF seem to get trouble to start itself, but once it start manualy and enable manualy in the toolbar management (IE8) ZAFF is OK and do the job...

Is there a ZAFF's user got these same kind of trouble ?

Thanks guys

(And sorry for my english...it's not my primary language but I love to pratice)
    Thanks for the feedback,Try Support on Monday.

I see your online.I try to keep up on ForceField issues but yours is the first I've seen.

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.5.5
    ForceField Version 1.5.053.049 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:999116448
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 13th, 2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added version & typo

critterjoe Guest

)
    Hi, Bonsky:

Try this, since it's quick and easy. Go to your LImited Account. Open up the INTERNET OPTIONS of your IE8 and check that the following setting is set correctly:

Go to Internet Options>>Advanced tab. Scroll down to "Enable third party browser extensions" and be sure there is a checkmark there. Then click APPLY or OK. You'll have to restart IE for it to take effect. Then see if the FF Toolbar is present. If not, go to the main menu bar for IE to VIEW, then TOOLBARS. Be sure there is a checkmark for the ZAFF Toolbar. Then reboot and see if all loads normally.

Your problem may be that you don't have a checkmark in one or both of these places. The fact that your FF loads OK with Firefox but not IE8 makes this at least a likely place to look--although I'm not sure how at startup your Forcefield knows which browser you are going to use until you actually launch that browser (unless you've added your browser to your startup). In any case, if the checkmarks are both present and you're still having trouble, then you may need to go ahead and contact/chat with Tech Support. Good luck!
    Last edited by critterjoe; December 14th, 2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Clarification

bonsky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by critterjoe View Post
    Hi, Bonsky:

Try this, since it's quick and easy. Go to your LImited Account. Open up the INTERNET OPTIONS of your IE8 and check that the following setting is set correctly:

Go to Internet Options>>Advanced tab. Scroll down to "Enable third party browser extensions" and be sure there is a checkmark there. Then click APPLY or OK. You'll have to restart IE for it to take effect. Then see if the FF Toolbar is present. If not, go to the main menu bar for IE to VIEW, then TOOLBARS. Be sure there is a checkmark for the ZAFF Toolbar. Then reboot and see if all loads normally.

Your problem may be that you don't have a checkmark in one or both of these places. The fact that your FF loads OK with Firefox but not IE8 makes this at least a likely place to look--although I'm not sure how at startup your Forcefield knows which browser you are going to use until you actually launch that browser (unless you've added your browser to your startup). In any case, if the checkmarks are both present and you're still having trouble, then you may need to go ahead and contact/chat with Tech Support. Good luck!
    Thanks for your help CritterJoe, it's appreciated...

I follow your instruction and the "Enable third party browser extensions" box is already checked, I reboot my computer and finaly ZAFF loads at the start up....but it still doesn't load with IE8...I've still to manualy enable at the option VIEW - TOOLBARS.

It's seem that ZAFF load with IE8 but the toolbar is always disable at the start...

I will make a look with the supports service...

Thanks !

Thread Information