Thread: [Solved] privacy tab

pelican Guest

Cool [Solved] privacy tab

I was dismayed to find the privacy tab missing after the latest upgrade. Of all the features of zone alarm, this tab I used customized the most - everything else is fairly automated. I read several threads on this and am discouraged to see ZA's flippant and dismissive attitude towards those customers that are complaining about this decision. To dismiss the ability of zone alarm to control cookies/mobile code/private header information and more on a site by site basis is NOT bloat. Also, to throw me and other ZA customers back onto Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser settings as a way to replace the ZA privacy tab is a joke. If i wanted Microsoft's services in this area I would not have prchased ZA in the first place. I don't use Microsoft's firewall program nor their virus program. And I certainly don't want to use the limited settings in Microsoft to control privacy either. That is the whole point of going to ZA.

The most upsetting part is a recently subscribed to a 3-year renewal of za and am now stuck with a very different product than what I signed up for.
    Last edited by fax; December 15th, 2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: title

Default Re: privacy tab is not bloat & is Not replaced by IE browser settings

Quote Originally Posted by pelican View Post
    I was dismayed to find the privacy tab missing after the latest upgrade. Of all the features of zone alarm, this tab I used customized the most - everything else is fairly automated. I read several threads on this and am discouraged to see ZA's flippant and dismissive attitude towards those customers that are complaining about this decision. To dismiss the ability of zone alarm to control cookies/mobile code/private header information and more on a site by site basis is NOT bloat. Also, to throw me and other ZA customers back onto Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser settings as a way to replace the ZA privacy tab is a joke. If i wanted Microsoft's services in this area I would not have prchased ZA in the first place. I don't use Microsoft's firewall program nor their virus program. And I certainly don't want to use the limited settings in Microsoft to control privacy either. That is the whole point of going to ZA.

The most upsetting part is a recently subscribed to a 3-year renewal of za and am now stuck with a very different product than what I signed up for.
    If you "recently subscribed" Contact Customer Support Directly and ask for a Refund..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: privacy tab is not bloat & is Not replaced by IE browser settings

This Thrend has been Closed..

Note: To serve our customers who have a need for a streamlined high-end firewall product, especially to complement an existing anti-virus program, ZoneAlarm Pro firewall no longer includes the anti-spyware feature. To further streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have also been removed with this release.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 14th, 2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fix Typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information