Thread: ZoneAlarm Free Firewall wont open

rollie69 Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Free Firewall wont open

ZoneAlarm will not open.

I click on the icon in the start menu, the little Z pops up in the corner near the clock and when I scroll over it it just disappears before I can click on it.
    How can I fix this please?

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Free Firewall wont open

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number also indicate brand of pc: especially Acer / Toshiba / Lenovo, etc.

Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=72086

Please describe your current status: new pc? first time ZA? what security software do you have? anti-virus? anti-spyware? software monitors/ utility? backups? <> please list all.
    __________________________________________________ ________

If you are trying ZoneAlarm firewalls for the first time...

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two 'software firewalls' at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility/ 'removal tool' or if not available use the Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7 'add/remove' software tool in the control panel. You can add/ use a 'hardware firewall' included in a Wired Router, Wireless Router or Broadband Gateway with your ZoneAlarm firewall.

Most new pc/ laptops come with pre-installed security software.
    If you have pre-installed *Norton or McAfee* security software - please see here for more info of using their special 'Removal Tool' <> it does help - click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=39422
    __________________________________________________ ____
    When you install your new ZA firewall:
    - better to use IE 7/8 instead of firefox, etc. for the downloading
    - don't use download managers or web accelerators(dial-up)
    - with other security software you may shut-off or lower any 'real time protection - guards/ shields, etc.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    If you have a corrupted ZA install - it is recommended to 'properly un-install' your current ZA before attempting to re-install new ZA

Thread Information