Thread: CPU Usage

antz0303 Guest

Default CPU Usage

My zclient.exe usually has an CPU usage of ~7% (sometimes lower, may be 0)
    Is it normal?

And what is the normal CPU usage of zclient.exe?

My config:
    Win7, 32bit
    ZoneAlarm Pro 9.1.008
    With ESET AV 4

Thanks.

garywa Guest

Default Re: CPU Usage

I my experience, CPU usage of zlclient will vary from 0 to 80% or more, but rarely stays at high usage levels for prolonged periods of time.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:999239200
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

antz0303 Guest

Ya, in winXP zclient most of the time has cpu usage of 0%.
    But I dont know why in win7 it eats a bit of the usage.

Scotty2006 Guest

I've had this problem with v91.008.000 on windows XP (Home) + SP3. ZAP was regularly consuming as much as 60% of my processor. This was even when ZAP wasn't doing any scans. I've now uninstalled this version and gone back to ZAP v90.114.000 and my processor is now operating at its usual 10-20% usage again.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this latest version and any clues to why it happens? I won't be changing to a later version until I can be sure that the "problem" has been fixed or can be overcome with different configuration settings.

Thanks for any help or advice,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2006 View Post
    I've had this problem with v91.008.000 on windows XP (Home) + SP3. ZAP was regularly consuming as much as 60% of my processor. This was even when ZAP wasn't doing any scans. I've now uninstalled this version and gone back to ZAP v90.114.000 and my processor is now operating at its usual 10-20% usage again.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this latest version and any clues to why it happens? I won't be changing to a later version until I can be sure that the "problem" has been fixed or can be overcome with different configuration settings.

Thanks for any help or advice,

Bob

This CPU Usage problem is a Rare occurrence, that Only seems to Effect a few types of Computer configuration..

The ONLY way to Track it down and FIX it, is for Users with this problem to REPORT this CPU Usage problem DIRECTLY to ZA Tech Support with Full Details of the problem and Their computer configuration..

Click on the Support Link in my Signature on Monday..

also include the following information..

Whenever posting here- or Contactinf ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number , Brand of Computer and CPU.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Scotty2006 Guest

Smile Re: CPU Usage

GeorgeV,

I did what you suggested, and got a response. The problem appears to be that the latest version has shipped with Debug 'on' as default. To turn Debug off you have to hold down both "Control" and "Shift" keys and right-click on the ZoneAlarm Pro tray icon. This brings up a menu. select "Set debug level" from he menu and then choose "Off", then "OK". You'll have to reboot your computer to get it to take effect.

It worked OK for me - my system is now running with ZAP taking 0% to 5% of processor resource. If anyone else has a similar problem it may help you solve it.

Thanks,

Bob

Thank your Scotty2006,
    for your Feedback..

lasaboy Guest

Angry Re: CPU Usage

That did not work on my system,. this is a pain in the you know what

Post Re: CPU Usage

Quote Originally Posted by lasaboy View Post
    That did not work on my system,. this is a pain in the you know what

If the Solution provided in this Thrend did not help you?

Then the thing for you to do, is START you own New thrend with full details about your computer, trype and version of Zone Alarm and what Version of Windows and Updates you have installed.

When you "HI-JACK" another yours request for HELP, Diagnosis and Sugestions for your Problem MAY CONFLICT with the Advice given to the original Users Request for help..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

Please create a New Thrend for your problem,..

Thank you..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 13th, 2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information