Thread: Extreme Security Force Field prevents EasyBCD from running

Dave22 Guest

Thumbs down Extreme Security Force Field prevents EasyBCD from running

Hi,
    I have worked out that the Force Field service in ZoneAlarm Extreme Security prevents the program EasyBCD from running. Using task manager to kill the module ISWSVC.exe which runs as a service will then allow EasyBCD to initiate.

Can anyone explain why Force Field would prevent an installed program from working and given that it does, why Force Field would not actually give any indication that it had done so? Or maybe it does but I do not know where to look for such "alarms".

If there is any documentation on Force Field - what it does, how it does it and if/how it can be configured, it would be really useful if someone can point me at it. There has to be a better & safer way than killing processes via task manager?

Default Re: Extreme Security Force Field prevents EasyBCD from running

Hi!
    you should try to slowly turn off features in ZA forcefield (e.g. antikeyloggers) up to when you find what is creating the problem.
    Please note that ZA staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here. You should report the conflict to ZA technical support directly. Link in my signature.

Alternatively you can try the latest beta of ZA Extreme and see if this is fixed. If not, you can feedback directly the ZA developers (via the beta feedback form). See here www.zonealarm.com/beta

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Dave22 Guest

Hi Fax,

I did try all options witihn ZA - gave EasyBCD trusted status - tried all combinations of options in Force field and stil no joy. I'll log this with support - thanks for the link.

Dave

You're welcome

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information