Thread: Registration question

elinwm Guest

Default Registration question

Earlier this year I bought a new laptop (with Windows Vista). I bought and installed Zone Alarm Extreme Security; the purchase allowed me to install it on two computers, but for most of this year I've only had it on the one. My husband recently needed to renew his antivirus protection, so we decided to install ZAES on his computer (which has Windows XP Home) instead, using my license number. Everything went fine, and ZAES is working fine on his computer, and even the expiration date of the product corresponds with mine. But under product info it says "This copy of Zone Alarm Extreme Security has not been registered." Do I need to be worried about this? Is this normal in cases of two computers on one license number? Is there anything I need to do to ensure it is properly registered on his computer?

garywa Guest

Default Re: Registration question

On the Product Info page of the Control Center, it sounds like you are saying that under Support and Update Information, it says the update service expires in "X" days, which indicates it recognizes the license number was validated. But under Registration, it still says pending.

I have had 2 experiences with this when I have installed ZA. One, is that it usually registers the next time I reboot the computer. When you click the Change Reg. button, make sure you have entered a name and valid email address. Second, if that doesn't work, you can try re-entering the license (copy/paste works) and following the prompts.

Either should force the registration to complete.

Good luck

elinwm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by garywa View Post
    On the Product Info page of the Control Center, it sounds like you are saying that under Support and Update Information, it says the update service expires in "X" days, which indicates it recognizes the license number was validated. But under Registration, it still says pending.

I have had 2 experiences with this when I have installed ZA. One, is that it usually registers the next time I reboot the computer. When you click the Change Reg. button, make sure you have entered a name and valid email address. Second, if that doesn't work, you can try re-entering the license (copy/paste works) and following the prompts.

Either should force the registration to complete.

Good luck
    Thanks for your reply. The problem is, it doesn't say registration is pending - it says "This copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite has not been registered" - a different thing. I expected it to register once I rebooted, but it has not done so. I'll try reentering the license number, though a new problem has arisen since I installed the recent update that came through. Always problems.

Quote Originally Posted by elinwm View Post
    Thanks for your reply. The problem is, it doesn't say registration is pending - it says "This copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite has not been registered" - a different thing. I expected it to register once I rebooted, but it has not done so. I'll try reentering the license number, though a new problem has arisen since I installed the recent update that came through. Always problems.

"it says "This copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite has not been registered" - a different thing."

A.) For a solution to this problem, Please Click on the Customer Support link in my Signature..

B.) If after installing a New 178k Small Update, your get the "Registration Pending" , then Try this..

The latest method for re-registering your product (should you have the problem) after the 91008.exe update from Live Chat - Tech support is/was to :-
    Close all browsers and then 1)Go to Overview->product info->Change reg make a non-significant change , as in add a space and then click OK .
    2)->Overview->Preferences and change your update settings from auto to manual and then back again to auto (or vice versa) and then click on "check for update" and let it run .
    3)reload browser and the registration should reset in a few minutes .

They also made the usual references to make sure that there is no site blocking or accelerartors running.

They said that the bug would not affect your licence , anyway .

The method worked for me and registration confirmed even before I reloaded my browser

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information