Thread: Forcefield, Browsers, and SRP = crashing

hungup Guest

Default Forcefield, Browsers, and SRP = crashing

I posted this elsewhere, it should have been posted here.

When activating Software Restriction Policy on a Windows XP, it seems to conflict with Forcefield virtualization. When I unselect the 'virtualization', browsers work fine again.

- ZA Extreme running on a Limited User account on Windows XP Pro.
    - Software Restriction Policy activated via 'running' gpedit.msc and setting the default to 'Disallowed'

ZA extreme crashes when opening up either IE or Firefox and having Forcefields 'virtualization' enabled. Disabling Forcefields 'virtualization' option fixes the problem.

Has anyone come across this problem ? I've sent something to support a few days ago but I haven't heard anything back.

Default Re: Forcefield, Browsers, and SRP = crashing

Hello,

Sounds like a PC in a business environment. ZA has never been tested with SRP and definitely not ZAFF. ZA is designed and tested for home use and this is not something a home user does.

Check Point makes and endpoint client designed specific for PC's in a business environment that are managed like your doing with this PC. You may want to check that product out because it will probably better suite your needs since we cant support ZA in this environment.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hungup Guest

Default Re: Forcefield, Browsers, and SRP = crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    Hello,

Sounds like a PC in a business environment. ZA has never been tested with SRP and definitely not ZAFF.
    Actually, its a home PC that has been upgraded from XP Home to Pro just to make use of the SRP with a limited user account.

Its unfortunate that ZAFF hasn't been tested in this configuration. Having SRP along with ZAs great product would make it next to impossible to infect a PC.

Hopefully in the future ?

Thank you for the information.

Thread Information