Thread: ZASS Antivirus not working

elinwm Guest

Default ZASS Antivirus not working

Hi. I have two computers, one of which has Windows XP, Home version, on which I have installed Zone Alarm Security Suite, version 9.1.008.000. I was having the problem others had with automatic updates and weekly scanning not working (did not attempt the reset that had been suggested), but I was able to do those functions manually all right and decided to wait until ZA came along with a fix for the problem - which they did, a few days ago. I installed the update and - voila! everything was working normally again. Until this morning (Wednesday the 16th, in London), when I turned my computer on to a message from Zone Alarm that updates and automatic scanning were not working, and to click the link to fix the problem. I did, and while an update was apparently downloaded, the antivirus is apparently turned off. I tried several times to "fix" the problem, but the automatic antivirus protecttion comes on briefly and then goes off again. Help! What should I do? (Note that my other computer, which has Windows Vista and is protected by ZA Extreme Security, 9.1.008.000, is not having this problem.)
    Last edited by elinwm; December 15th, 2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: two words to delete/ clarification

elinwm Guest

Default Re: ZASS Antivirus not working

FYI, with help, I ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of ZASS, which ended up fixing the problem (for now, anyway). I also removed Spybot Search & Destroy - don't know if that might have been causing the problem, but I decided to take no chances and removed it. I will report back if the problem recurs.

Quote Originally Posted by elinwm View Post
    FYI, with help, I ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of ZASS, which ended up fixing the problem (for now, anyway). I also removed Spybot Search & Destroy - don't know if that might have been causing the problem, but I decided to take no chances and removed it. I will report back if the problem recurs.

Thank you for your Feedback..

FYI:

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you cant live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only install them back once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or KISS,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 16th, 2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

elinwm Guest

Unfortunately, this morning (Thursday), when I turned on my computer, I once again got the message saying that the antivirus had been disabled. I clicked on the link to fix the problem, and things seemed to be working normally again for a good 10 minutes or so. But then, suddenly, the antivirus became disabled once mnore. The firewall is working fine - just no antivirus. And this is after a clean reinstall! I don't know whether this is my computer or the Zone Alarm software - will seek help where I am but also report the problem to Tech Support.

mmforeman Guest

I haven't other opinions yet --- you might try this.

Re-install the update labeled zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe that came out in November, 2009.

By doing this, you rid the computer of the Dec. 9, 2009 update labeled ZASetup_91008.exe that was only 175kb.

After doing the above, my Zone Alarm started working correctly again -- the anti-virus was up and I was able to scan again. Just DO NOT let the program up-date itself with that small 175kb update/upgrade.

Cool Re: ZASS Antivirus not working

Quote Originally Posted by mmforeman View Post
    I haven't other opinions yet --- you might try this.

Re-install the update labeled zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe that came out in November, 2009.

By doing this, you rid the computer of the Dec. 9, 2009 update labeled ZASetup_91008.exe that was only 175kb.

After doing the above, my Zone Alarm started working correctly again -- the anti-virus was up and I was able to scan again. Just DO NOT let the program up-date itself with that small 175kb update/upgrade.

Well, my Opinion is that PROBLEMS Do NOT Get fixed, if they are not Reported to Tech Support, so that they can be made aware of indiividual problems..

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mmforeman Guest

thanks for help guru

Thread Information