Thread: Antivirus update download

top Guest

Default Antivirus update download

I recently installed ZA update version 9.1.8. My automatic scans did not work. Shortly after, I received notice of an antivirus update. But rather than it being done with the auto update feature, it came in as a file much like a product update. I saved it and then ran it. A couple of days later I got a similar antivirus update notice. I was suspcious so I clicked to remind me in one day, then went into Zone Alarm - Overview - Preferences - check for
    update, and sure enough the same product update window appeared, so I saved it, ZA scanned it and cleared it and I ran the update. My automatic scans started working after that. Does anybody know why antivirus updates would come in the same way a product update would? Did I screw up by running them?

garywa Guest

Default Re: Antivirus update download

Both updates were valid. If I remember correctly, the filename of the first update was changed a day or two after it was initially released. This update had a problem however - the ZA product registration was not retained.

About a week later, a second update was released which replaced the same scheduler.dll file, and also corrected the product registration problem.

The two updates were discussed at length in these two topics:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=72390

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=72491

Happy New Year!

top Guest

Default Re: Antivirus update download

Thank you for your response. The links echoed my sentiments. To have a product update followed by the two additional updates was strange. I never even noticed the product registration. I just noticed that sometime after I downloaded the two additional updates that my automatic scan started working, so it appeared legitimate but I had to check.

Thanks for your time and Happy New Years.

garywa Guest

Thumbs up Re: Antivirus update download

You're welcome.

I installed both updates (like you, after verifying) and have not had a problem.

Thread Information