Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

tomfitzsr Guest

Default BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

I'm a tech support professional who beta tested Windows7 for months before doing a clean install of Win7 64 pro on my system. I installed ZoneAlarm Pro 9 along with Avira antivirus on my system. I kept getting BSODs for a couple of weeks. I talked with Microsoft, updated all drivers, etc. but kept getting BSODs. One of my clients bought 3 new workstations from me and I installed Win7 64 pro on all three. I then installed ZA Pro and within 30 minutes got BSODs on all three. These are brand new units! I don't think ZA Pro is fully compliant with Windows7 64. I unintalled ZA Pro from my system 4 days ago and the twice or more daily BSODs have stopped. The computer is running flawlessly. I think Zone Labs has more work to do to get their products fully compliant with Win7 64.

Default Re: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by tomfitzsr View Post
    I'm a tech support professional who beta tested Windows7 for months before doing a clean install of Win7 64 pro on my system. I installed ZoneAlarm Pro 9 along with Avira antivirus on my system. I kept getting BSODs for a couple of weeks. I talked with Microsoft, updated all drivers, etc. but kept getting BSODs. One of my clients bought 3 new workstations from me and I installed Win7 64 pro on all three. I then installed ZA Pro and within 30 minutes got BSODs on all three. These are brand new units! I don't think ZA Pro is fully compliant with Windows7 64. I unintalled ZA Pro from my system 4 days ago and the twice or more daily BSODs have stopped. The computer is running flawlessly. I think Zone Labs has more work to do to get their products fully compliant with Win7 64.
    I moved you Post into the Proper Topic Area, since your problem deals with Installing Zone Alarm..

What Version of ZA Pro are you installing..?

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number , Brand of Computer and CPU.

ALL Zone Alarm Versions Released before ZA ver. 9.1 are not Windows 7 Compatible..

ZA 9.1.008.000 Now Windows 7 32/64bit compatible
    Also compatible with XP 32bit and Vista 32/64bit

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (9.1.008.000)

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (9.1.008.000)

ZoneAlarm Pro (9.1.008.000)

ZoneAlarm Antivirus (9.1.008.000)

If you have a Current Valid ZA License Key, you can contact Checkpoint Tech Support directly with Full details of your BSOD, Please Include Details of your computer and any other 3rd Party Security programs installed..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 21st, 2009 at 01:06 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tomfitzsr Guest

Cool Re: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

Zone Alarm installed fine. It just kept causing the systems to crash on Windows7 64 bit professional. I removed them and the crashing stopped on all 4 units. IMOP, ZA Pro is not ready for Windows 7 64!

Post Re: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

Zone Alarm installed fine. It just kept causing the systems to crash on Windows7 64 bit professional. I removed them and the crashing stopped on all 4 units. IMOP, ZA Pro is not ready for Windows 7 64!

Anytime you get a BSOD when installing Zone Alarm..
    Please Contact ZA Tech Support Directly with your Valid ZA License Key..

Click the link in my Signature..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number , Brand of Computer and CPU.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 24th, 2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

tomfitzsr Guest

Smile Re: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

It wasn't an installation issue. It installed find, just kept crashing. I'll notify tech support.

AndrewB01 Guest

Exclamation Re: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

I second this issue. Win 7 64 bit using ZA Security Suite 9.1.008.000 causes BSOD and general Windows hangs/freezes.

I have found that disabling the firewall (but leaving AntiVirus running) does not cause issues.

I'm anxious to know of any official tech support suggestions for this issue, and I look forward to a resolution. I hope I don't have to install another suite.

This isn't an install problem. Installs work fine. It's more of a system stability issue. One could just be doing normal tasks, and then Windows freezes for several second, and the machine reboots. Upon reboot, you get a dialog about a BSOD and some registration. Here's what my event viewer shows for one particular crash (this event has repeated several times):

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050031, 0x00000000000406f8, 0xfffff80002ca2798). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: nnnnnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB01 View Post
    I'm anxious to know of any official tech support suggestions for this issue, and I look forward to a resolution. I hope I don't have to install another suite.
    Note that ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users here. If this problem is not reported directly to them it is unlikely to be fixed. More reports you send more likely this issue will be looked at. In other words, no reports, no fix

Link to support in my signature.
    Contact them out of the holidays.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

rdemaree Guest

Angry Re: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

Also having the same issue noted by AndrewB01 in this thread.

I get BSOD's that always have the same code:
    0x000000000000007F (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050031, 0x00000000000006F8, 0xFFFFF80002ACF3F0)
    I also have multiple messages in the event log:

Session "Vsdatant" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188
    or
    Session "Vsdatant" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Source: Kernel-EventTracing
    Event ID: 3
    Task Category: Session
    Level: Error
    User: System
    OpCode: Stop

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 9.1.008.000
    TrueVector security engine version 9.1.008.000
    Driver version 9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware engine version 8.0.2.42, DAT file version 999885280
    AntiSpam version 6.0.0.2385

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, with all available maintenance as of 25 Dec 2009.

Will follow the link provided in the signature from "fax" and try to report this to Technical Support.

Additional info:
    Attempted to find a way to email, message or contact Tech Support via "fax's" signature link. It doesn't work. Could not find a mechanism to leave Tech Support the information.
    Guess I will have to wait until sometime Monday and try the "live chat".

Sorry - forgot to include this:
    Computer: A8N SLI Deluxe, 4GB, AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 CPU, multiple HDDs
    Last edited by rdemaree; December 26th, 2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Quote Originally Posted by rdemaree View Post
    Will follow the link provided in the signature from "fax" and try to report this to Technical Support.
    Great! This is the way to go
    Remember its holiday during these days.

Thanks!
    Fax

Quote Originally Posted by rdemaree View Post
    Additional info:
    Attempted to find a way to email, message or contact Tech Support via "fax's" signature link. It doesn't work. Could not find a mechanism to leave Tech Support the information.
    Guess I will have to wait until sometime Monday and try the "live chat".
    Hi!
    As already mentioned you need to do it out of the holiday.

Cheers,
    Fax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information