Thread: Worm.KoobFace

topshelf Guest

Default Worm.KoobFace

I am currently running ZA Extreme on Win XP Pro with everything up to date. Virus updates set to run every three (3) hours. Recently ran a scan, Ultra Deep & Root Kit both indicating machine was clean.

Ran a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan and discovered two (2) infections of the Worm.KoobFace, see below.

1. Registry Values Infected: Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero WaveEditor\AudioEffectLibrary.dll (Worm.KoobFace)

2. Files Infected:
    C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero WaveEditor\AudioEffectLibrary.dll (Worm.KoobFace)

My question is why did ZA Extreme miss the two infections that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware discovered and why the above two files.

Did a little internet research on Worm.KoobFace and could not find any mention of of the above two files ever being infected. Lots of info re: this virus and which files have in the past been effected.

Any help, any info. Have since run scans with ZA Extreme, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and SuperAntiSpyware all clean

Default Re: Worm.KoobFace

May be just a false positive by the product.
    Always check with www.virustotal.com

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

chaoticmartian Guest

Default Re: Worm.KoobFace

I have these worms and Trojans on my machine. I accidently loaded them and now my machine is infected. I immediately realize it was infected and ran Av/As on it. It found them and quarantined them but since then I'm getting two different popup windows appearing regularly on my machine. I have updated my definitions and even upgraded from ZA suite to ZA extreme but I'm still getting the popups. Here is what ZA is finding everytime it scans:

Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface.brr
    Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface.brr
    Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.bksq
    Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.bksq
    Net-Worm.Win32.Koobface.cvn

Why am I still getting the popups after running Av/As scans?

What do I need to do to get rid of this

Thread Information