Thread: Standalone Forcefield OK with Firefox 3.5.6?

Snarkley Guest

Default Standalone Forcefield OK with Firefox 3.5.6?

ZAPro 9.1.008.
    Windows Home XP SP3.

I know that latest version of standalone Forcefield (1.5.53.49) will work with Firefox 3.5.5. What about Firefox 3.5.6 that just came out last week. Is it OK with standalone Forcefield? Thanks for input.

Default Re: Standalone Forcefield OK with Firefox 3.5.6?

Yes,
    BUT always remember to turn OFF forcefield before updating firefox (or any of its plugin), this is the main reason for mulfunctions.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

greyleaf Guest

ZAXS 9.1.008.000
    Windows Home XP SP3.
    standalone Forcefield (1.5.53.4)

Hi. I upgraded to ZAXS 9.1.008. Then I installed FF 3.5.6 (again) with the ForceField = OFF. After all of the installation was complete; Everything seemed to work ok except for the ZAXS's "ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION" setting in the ForceField Advanced Settings. If "ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION" is ON - I get the XULRUNNER Platform Error. If "ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION" is OFF, I can run FF 3.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by greyleaf View Post
    ZAXS 9.1.008.000
    Windows Home XP SP3.
    standalone Forcefield (1.5.53.4)

Hi. I upgraded to ZAXS 9.1.008. Then I installed FF 3.5.6 (again) with the ForceField = OFF. After all of the installation was complete; Everything seemed to work ok except for the ZAXS's "ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION" setting in the ForceField Advanced Settings. If "ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION" is ON - I get the XULRUNNER Platform Error. If "ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION" is OFF, I can run FF 3.5.6
    If your using ZoneAlarm Extreme Security you are not using ForceField Version 1.5.053.049 (standalone), but this applies to you also.

Read the following Sticky under ForceField at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=72370

Footnote : After you Clear virtual data, you still have issues.In Firefox click F1 and under " What do you need help with? " Search tab.Type " XULRUNNER Platform Error " and look at the results.

XP SP3
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    ForceField Version 1.5.053.049 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:999887328
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Enjoy the Holidays
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 25th, 2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Footnote

Snarkley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Yes,
    BUT always remember to turn OFF forcefield before updating firefox (or any of its plugin), this is the main reason for mulfunctions.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Thanks. By turning Standalone Forcefield off, do you mean, unclicking "enable virtualization" as well as disabling the Forcefield plug-in via the Firefox add-ons manager? Otherwise there is no way to "turn it off." Does it need to be disabled at both of those places? thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkley View Post
    Thanks. By turning Standalone Forcefield off, do you mean, unclicking "enable virtualization" as well as disabling the Forcefield plug-in via the Firefox add-ons manager? Otherwise there is no way to "turn it off." Does it need to be disabled at both of those places? thanks again.
    I'm assuming you are using ZAPro 9.1.008 with ForceField Version 1.5.053.049 (standalone).

If this is the case.Always keep Virtualization enable and start on Windows Startup enable for standalone version only.

In standalone version to Turn Off ForceField.On ForceField icon on system tray, right click and click " Exit " to Turn Off.

To Turn On ForceField back on.Go to Start / All Programs / ZoneAlarm ForceField and click Start ForceField.It will load back into system tray.

Browser Security Help Center

Learn to use ForceField at this link :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm

Footnote : Also Clear virtual data frequently.When Firefox is close not while active.

Other relevant links that might help with other issues at this links :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...hybrid&t=69972

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...901#post270901

Hope this helps.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 25th, 2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: paraphrase, added info & links

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkley View Post
    Thanks. By turning Standalone Forcefield off, do you mean, unclicking "enable virtualization".
    NO, I mean turning it off completely (in ZA Extreme --> Browser security --> OFF)

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information