Thread: Forcefield and Firefox Plug-ins

Snarkley Guest

Default Forcefield and Firefox Plug-ins

ZAP 91008; Win XP SP3; Firefox 3.5.5 soon 3.5.6

Should Firefox plugins be installed into a regular browser (with Forcefield off) or a Forcefield protected browser? should Forcefield be turned off when installing a new Firefox plugin? I know that Forcefield should be turned off when updating Firefox or updating existing Firefox plugins, so I assume Forcefield should be turned off before installing a new Firefox plugin as well?

The reason I ask is that recently I had installed a plug-in while Forcefield was on; can't remember if it was NoScript or AdBlock. I figured it would become a permanent part of my Firefox. But when closing the session, Forcefield me asked me whether I wanted to access the plug-in in the future only in Forcefield browser or in unprotected browser (or words similar to that effect). Which is is best to install the new plug-in--with Forcefield off? Thanks for your opinions.
    Last edited by Snarkley; December 25th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

Default Re: Forcefield and Firefox Plug-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkley View Post
    ZAP 91008; Win XP SP3; Firefox 3.5.5 soon 3.5.6

Should Firefox plugins be installed into a regular browser (with Forcefield off) or a Forcefield protected browser? should Forcefield be turned off when installing a new Firefox plugin? I know that Forcefield should be turned off when updating Firefox or updating existing Firefox plugins, so I assume Forcefield should be turned off before installing a new Firefox plugin as well?

The reason I ask is that recently I had installed a plug-in while Forcefield was on; can't remember if it was NoScript or AdBlock. I figured it would become a permanent part of my Firefox. But when closing the session, Forcefield me asked me whether I wanted to access the plug-in in the future only in Forcefield browser or in unprotected browser (or words similar to that effect). Which is is best to install the new plug-in--with Forcefield off? Thanks for your opinions.
    I prefer to use this method.I also use NoScript 1.9.9.27 and AdBlock Plus 1.1.2 without issues.Must have Add-ons for Firefox.

Look here at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=72370

Also there are some Sticky links under ForceField you might want to read.

You now know how to Turn On & Off ForceField (standalone) version from the other post.

Have a nice Day

Thread Information