Thread: Bittorrent triggered a warning in ZA, and now LogMeIn wont work.

ajdedo Guest

Default Bittorrent triggered a warning in ZA, and now LogMeIn wont work.

Hi,

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite, Bit-torrent, and Log-me-in on my computer. I went away for a few days and I was unable to log in to my computer using Log-me-in. When I got back I discovered that it was because Bit-torrent had triggered a "suspicious behaviour" warning in Zone-Alarm (which is common), but somehow this prevented Log-me-in from connection to the Internet.

I'm not sure why, but I would really like to prevent this from happening again.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Default Re: Bittorrent triggered a warning in ZA, and now LogMeIn wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdedo View Post
    Hi,

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite, Bit-torrent, and Log-me-in on my computer. I went away for a few days and I was unable to log in to my computer using Log-me-in. When I got back I discovered that it was because Bit-torrent had triggered a "suspicious behaviour" warning in Zone-Alarm (which is common), but somehow this prevented Log-me-in from connection to the Internet.

I'm not sure why, but I would really like to prevent this from happening again.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Could you provide more relevant information so users can address your issue.Post the following :

Detail information of issue, error messages, or screenshot if possible

Your OS : XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7

The following if laptop : Acer / Toshiba

ZoneAlarn version and version number : ZAES / ZASS / ZAP / ZAAV / ZAFree

ForceField version : If ( standalone )

Overlapping Security Tools (even if disabled)

Computer Brand

Computer Memory

Web Browser / Add-ons / Plugins

Right click on ZoneAlarm icon on System tray by the clock and click About.Click Copy to Clipboard and then OK.After entering text to message panel, on your keyboard enter key combinations Ctrl + V to paste to message the ZoneAlarm Version.

Have a nice Day

e.g. at bottom of post.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1000079488
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

ajdedo Guest

Hi Thanks.

It happened again last night. This time I noticed that when the little ZA notice pops up, and it is not addressed, then ZA stops ALL internet activity, including my LogMeIn, eMule, IE web browser, uTorrent (of course), and anything else requiring Internet connection....

DETAILS:

Your OS : Windows XP Pro SP3 v5512

ZoneAlarn version and version number : ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035

Overlapping Security Tools (even if disabled) : PeerGuardian 2

Computer Brand : Home made. P4 3.20GHz

Computer Memory : Corsair 2Gb RAM

Web Browser / Add-ons / Plugins : IE 8.0.6001.19702

ZoneAlarm Version :

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1000163509
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200912.7015
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

Below is a screenshot of the popup that stops all my traffic.

Hi Thanks.

It happened again last night. This time I noticed that when the little ZA notice pops up, and it is not addressed, then ZA stops ALL internet activity, including my LogMeIn, eMule, IE web browser, uTorrent (of course), and anything else requiring Internet connection....

DETAILS:

ZoneAlarn version and version number : ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035

ZoneAlarm Version :

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1000163509
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200912.7015
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

Below is a screenshot of the popup that stops all my traffic.

You have provided very good detail information.

You have to many entries for uTorrent to allow or ask in Send Mail.That's why it's asking to Allow or Deny.

Very possible PeerGuardian 2 is incompatible or creates a conflict with ZoneAlarm Security Suite.Also you're using very old version.You're five versions behind.This is current, ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000.

If your license is current.I would suggest to do Live Chat and ask them about PeerGuardian 2.Also ask them about using Log-me-in in version version:9.1.008.000 about the following :

Using “Remote Desktop Connection” to connect to your computer from another PC may cause Windows to stop responding and you will need to restart your computer.

Have no other suggestions to address your issue unless other users might have input to provide you.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 29th, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

Hi Thanks.

DETAILS:

I Recomend that your Upgrade to ZASS 9.1.008.000 and without Bit-torrent

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

Hi!
    running an old security tool is like running no security. ZA version 8.0 is terribly outdated and if you cannot move to version ZASS 9.1.008.000 it would be better that you move to another security product.

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 29th, 2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Fix typo and Update info.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information