Thread: How to change ZA interface language settings?

Hybrid View

Britzzzilla Guest

Default How to change ZA interface language settings?

For some reason, ZA just installed in Japanese on my PC. How do I change the interface to English?

More importantly, why does the software not give the choice of interface languages when the thing installs?

Thanks all.

garywa Guest

Default Re: How to change ZA interface language settings?

Which ZA product did you download - Extreme - Pro - Anti-virus - Internet Security Suite - free Firewall? What is the version number? What website did you download it from?

Of the ZA products I've downloaded, each downloaded install file is written to support a specific language and is not switchable. The only version I've gotten from the ZA website is English. I wouldn't even know where to get the Japanese version file.

Britzzzilla Guest

Thanks - it's ZA internet security suite v9.1.008 and I downloaded it from the ZA site (zonealarm.com) in English under my existing susbscription. Had no prior issue in doing so.

Post Re: How to change ZA interface language settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Britzzzilla View Post
    Thanks - it's ZA internet security suite v9.1.008 and I downloaded it from the ZA site (zonealarm.com) in English under my existing susbscription. Had no prior issue in doing so.

1.) On http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en....htm?lid=en-us
    Click on "Globle Sites" Tab and select the Lanuage you want, this will give to the Selected Download Link..

Here is the Download Link to the Japan Language version..
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/ja...ite.htm?lid=ja

2.) AFAIK: the ZASS Licence you have for the English version may ONLY work with the English version? In that case you may have to Contact Checkpoint Customer service Directly and discuss your problem with them..

Click on the Customer Support link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

garywa Guest

Well, now I know where to get the Japanese file although, I don't know why I would ever want it since I don't read or speak Japanese

Thanks, George. I learned something today about navagating the website.

garywa: Your Welcome..

Britzzzilla Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    1.) On http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en....htm?lid=en-us
    Click on "Globle Sites" Tab and select the Lanuage you want, this will give to the Selected Download Link..

Here is the Download Link to the Japan Language version..
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/ja...ite.htm?lid=ja

2.) AFAIK: the ZASS Licence you have for the English version may ONLY work with the English version? In that case you may have to Contact Checkpoint Customer service Directly and discuss your problem with them..

Click on the Customer Support link in my Signature..
    Thanks - am downloading now. Two things - I want the English version and downloaded it from my account in ZA so I do not understand why I got given a Japanese version. Second, I don't want the Japanese version so not concerned about the license issue.
    It surprises me in this day and age that all software vendors don't just give the user the choice of what language they want to use.

Anyway, appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Britzzzilla View Post
    Thanks - am downloading now. Two things - I want the English version and downloaded it from my account in ZA so I do not understand why I got given a Japanese version. Second, I don't want the Japanese version so not concerned about the license issue.
    It surprises me in this day and age that all software vendors don't just give the user the choice of what language they want to use.

Anyway, appreciate the help.
    Two things..

1.) if you wanted the English version, why are you downloading the Japaneese version now?

2.) Please Read my whole Post before Downloading any file..
    I gave you instructions on how to Contact Checkpoint Customer Service
    Directly..

Customer Service does not Read this User Forum, This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information