Thread: tomcat.exe

box986 Guest

Default tomcat.exe

Hello all,

Getting a tomcat.exe warning every time I boot up. I checked "always allow" but it still pops up? It seems to be part of the java application. Thanks!

Question Re: tomcat.exe

Quote Originally Posted by box986 View Post
    Hello all,

Getting a tomcat.exe warning every time I boot up. I checked "always allow" but it still pops up? It seems to be part of the java application. Thanks!
    I'm sorry, but we are all Users here in this Forum, and can not read your mind? You need to provide more details about your Computer..

Also, Please do a GOOGLE.COM search for Tomcat.exe

What is Tomecat.exe and why do you have it installed on your computer?

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number , Brand of Computer and CPU.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 1st, 2010 at 05:25 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

box986 Guest

Default Re: tomcat.exe

But why does it come back (showing the same port each time) on every boot-up after I check the box "always allow"?

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by box986 View Post
    Hello all,

tomcat.exe is a common file name and can be either a legitimate file or something you do not want on your computer - malware.
    Are you sure tomcat.exe is a legit file on your computer? Have you checked the full path and googled it to see whether this is a legitimate file associated with a program you have installed on your computer?

More on tomcat.exe
    The process JavaService belongs to the software JavaService or Brightmail Control Center or SI Stand-alone application or Motion Selector or Apache Tomcat or Advantage Data Transformer or BMC Software Tools or LISTSERV Maestro by Alexandria Software Consulting.

Description: File tomcat.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files\Common Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 65,536 bytes (90% of all occurrence), 53,248 bytes.
    The program is not visible. It is not a Windows system file. The process listens for or sends data on open ports to LAN or Internet. Therefore the technical security rating is 52% dangerous,
    Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as tomcat.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the tomcat.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.
    see http://www.file.net/process/tomcat.exe.html

See Malware Clean-Up Guidance

Findley
    Last edited by findley; January 2nd, 2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: add link

box986 : If not malware.You could also look in the Sun Forums at this link :

http://forums.sun.com/index.jspa

Use Search button for your query.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; January 2nd, 2010 at 04:37 AM. Reason: query

Thread Information