Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7 64 and zone alarm internet sec.

Default Re: Windows 7 64 and zone alarm internet sec.

Hi!
    please note that ZA staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

There is one golden rule to follow. NEVER run more than one security tool at the same time. NO two antivirus, NO two firewalls. Just ONE. It causes conflicts, instability, tools fighting for access and resources with the end result of LESS security.

You can try the latest beta (a lot of fixes and improvements) at the following address:
    www.zonealarm.com/beta (remove your current version)

Cheers,
    Fax
    P.S. Please DO NOT hijack other users thread open yours. Duplicate post will be removed. Thanks!
    Last edited by fax; March 10th, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Smile Re: Windows 7 64 and zone alarm internet sec.

Quote Originally Posted by esteban2800 View Post
    I am having the same problems. I have Zone Extreme and Windows 7 64-bit will lag on shutting down or rebooting. I have to do a cold shutdown. It was not doing it before but as soon as I installed Zone Alarm, this issue surfaced. I have MS Essentials installed as well. Can we get an update on the patch or is it recommended to uninstall MS Essentials or ZA? Which one? Please give us a feedback through this forum.

-EC

I agree with Guru Fax,

Also, one of the main reasons for a long delayed shutdown is

1.) too many other proccesses runing in the backgrown.. and in order to Protect your Computer, Zone alarm is the last thing to Shutdown, and must wait until all those other proccesses shutdown first..

2.) Too or more Conflicting Security programs..

3.) possible Mailware infection...

A security tool is your first line of defense. Running an old version is like running no security.
    and Running two Anti-Virus or two Firewalls is as bad as not running and security Software..

I have Zone alarm extreme Security 9.1.008.000 installed and running Smoothly on Windows 7 (64-Bit) Home premium with no problem..

If you do not Trust ZA extreme 9.1 then it is better that you move to another up-to-date product..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information