Thread: Recurring Alert - wscsvc32.exe

wpgary Guest

Default Recurring Alert - wscsvc32.exe

I am new to the forum, but have used several types of Zone Alarm protection for over five years. I currently use Zone Alarm Extreme Security, and began getting the following alert, every couple of minutes, all day today:

Z Program Control

"wscsv32.exe is a malicious program and was prevented from running on your computer"

Click here for details..

The alert is in the lower right corner of my desktop, but looks different than the other alerts I have always gotten. Instead of the familiar dialogue box, it looks a little like a "word balloon". The click takes me to this webpage:

http://osalerts.zonealarm.com/osanal...f&tab=overview

Here is the text on the web page:

wscsvc32.exe has been blocked from creating a new process.
    The current security setting for wscsvc32.exe does not permit this action. Your computer is safe.

What should I do?

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security has blocked wscsvc32.exe from creating a new process. If you trust wscsvc32.exe and believe it requires a process to be created, then you may want to change the Trust Level of this program. It is also possible that the attempt to create a process was malicious in nature. In that case, you should not change the Trust Level so that your system will continue to be protected.

Why?

wscsvc32.exe is potentially malicious. This is particularly true if the new process will load malicious programs or utilize an excessive amount of CPU time, memory, and other resources.

I can't find this program on my ZoneAlarm Program Control, and I have done a deep scan after updating for the latest virus and spyware. Still the popup returns every several seconds to a minute. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Default Re: Recurring Alert - wscsvc32.exe

Quote Originally Posted by wpgary View Post

What should I do?

wscsvc32.exe is potentially malicious. This is particularly true if the new process will load malicious programs or utilize an excessive amount of CPU time, memory, and other resources.
    Malware Clean-up Guidance at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70448

Have a nice Day

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wpgary View Post
    I am new to the forum, but have used several types of Zone Alarm protection for over five years. I currently use Zone Alarm Extreme Security, and began getting the following alert, every couple of minutes, all day today:

Z Program Control

"wscsv32.exe is a malicious program and was prevented from running on your computer"

Click here for details..

The alert is in the lower right corner of my desktop, but looks different than the other alerts I have always gotten. Instead of the familiar dialogue box, it looks a little like a "word balloon". The click takes me to this webpage:

http://osalerts.zonealarm.com/osanal...f&tab=overview

Here is the text on the web page:

wscsvc32.exe has been blocked from creating a new process.
    The current security setting for wscsvc32.exe does not permit this action. Your computer is safe.

What should I do?

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security has blocked wscsvc32.exe from creating a new process. If you trust wscsvc32.exe and believe it requires a process to be created, then you may want to change the Trust Level of this program. It is also possible that the attempt to create a process was malicious in nature. In that case, you should not change the Trust Level so that your system will continue to be protected.

Why?

I can't find this program on my ZoneAlarm Program Control, and I have done a deep scan after updating for the latest virus and spyware. Still the popup returns every several seconds to a minute. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    wpgary,

Here is some additional information about the specific malware threat wscsvc32.exe It is indeed an undesirable as Zone Alarm Extreme Security advised. This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry. This is a scareware program from the same family as Antivirus Pro 2010 and there is a bleepingcomputer removal guide for this scareware here According to that guide running MalwareBytes Antimalware will remove this scareware. There is a detailed step-by-step guide provided in the link previously cited.
    Good luck wpgary

Findley

SUPERAntiSpyware can safely remove WSCSVC32.EXE also.See here at this link :

http://www.superantispyware.com/malw...SVC32.EXE.html

Have a nice Day

findley Guest

wpgary,

If you end up needing expert malware advice, in addition to bleepingcomputer and spywarehammer which can get very busy and take a bit of time to get to you , here are two additional malware removal forums where hijackthis logs can be posted and reviewed by experts:
    Techmonkeys
    Icrontic

enjoy the day
    Findley

Thread Information