Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti virus wont update

garywa Guest

Default Re: Anti virus wont update

Quote Originally Posted by moffy View Post
    To just get me covered I am using free trial of v9.for now which looks very different to v7!! But where has cache cleaner and cookie control gone??. Am I just not seeing it, or is it not on v9. could anyone tell me please
    Thanks Moffy
    Yes, they have been removed. See Guru GeorgeV's explanation here:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...23076&p=273076

If you don't already use it, I can highly recommend CCleaner. It does a great job of cleaning Windows files and under Options>Cookies, you can select which cookies to keep and which to delete.

findley Guest

Default Re: Anti virus wont update

Quote Originally Posted by moffy View Post
    To just get me covered I am using free trial of v9.for now which looks very different to v7!! But where has cache cleaner and cookie control gone??. Am I just not seeing it, or is it not on v9. could anyone tell me please
    Thanks Moffy
    Hi Moffy,
    Cache cleaner, cookie control , the privacy controls have been removed from the latest versions of zone alarm.

There is an industry trend towards “bloat,” where companies continually add new features to a product and never take the time to remove obsolete features or to re-engineer products for speed. Such practices cause reduced performance and distraction for our customers.

We aggressively avoid bloat by removing features that our development team has determined are obsolete. Here are some recent removals, and the reason behind the removals:

1. We recently removed Privacy Controls, which included ad blocking, cookie control and mobile code control, because both Internet Explorer and Firefox block ads and manage cookies and mobile code extremely well and render our own controls redundant. This was not true at the time we launched privacy control.
    2. ZONEALARM PRO ONLY: We recently removed Anti-Spyware because available Anti-virus now almost universally handles spyware as well as viruses, rendering our own Anti-Spyware redundant. This was not true at the time we launched our own Anti-spyware.
    3. We recently removed inbound MailSafe, both because the days of the “I Love You” delivery method for viruses is pretty much over and because Anti-Virus and firewall heuristics now handle such delivery methods.

In this same release, we added an advanced signature and heuristic anti-phishing solution which does better than available protection – including protection provided by Web browsers. We also added Advanced Download Protection, which uses advanced statistical analysis, virtualization and behavioral observation to stop brand-new and yet-unknown viruses and spyware from getting onto the computer via infected download.
    I have upgraded to ZoneAlarm 2010 (version 9) and I no longer have my ad-blocker, cookie blocker or Privacy Controls.

You may also find these additional threads helpful:

http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=71495
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthread.php?t=71730
    Where Is Privacy - Cache Cleaner In ZA 9.X

Findley
    Last edited by findley; January 11th, 2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: additional link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information