Thread: Scan results not displayed

Hornet305 Guest

Default Scan results not displayed

After running the anti-virus/anti-spyware scan I no longer get a window telling me what was found. In the Windows Taskbar there is a ZoneAlarm task showing - but unlike other items in the Taskbar I don't have an option to maximize, minimize, or move it by right clicking & double clicking does nothing. I know the scan is complete because when I click on the ZoneAlarm Icon (the Z/bar graph) and "Show ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Control Center" I can go to the Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware tab and it shows the "Last Scan" as complete. And I can see what is currently in quarantine. But without the completed scan window I don't know if anything was detected/deleted/quarantined. I did a uninstall/reinstall of ZoneAlarm about a month ago and that didn't help. Suggestions?

OS: Windows XP MCE, Ver 2002, Service Pack 3. Automatic updates turned on.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1009163392
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.69
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.040

Default Re: Scan results not displayed

Hi!
    I don't think there is a way to force ZA to display a window when unattended scheduled scan are performed in the background. To do that you will need to open the scan window and leave it open before the scan is complete. Sorry.

You can see which files have been detected/deleted/quarantined in the ZA alert&logs section (antivirus/antispyware drop down selection)

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Scan results not displayed

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet305 View Post
    After running the anti-virus/anti-spyware scan I know the scan is complete because when I click on the ZoneAlarm Icon (the Z/bar graph) and "Show ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Control Center" I can go to the Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware tab and it shows the "Last Scan" as complete. And I can see what is currently in quarantine. But without the completed scan window I don't know if anything was detected/deleted/quarantined. Suggestions?
    In Log Viewer, Select Virus, from the Alert Type drop-down list.Look at the bottom where it says " Entry Detail "

Click Help / F1 under Contents :

Virus and spyware protection / Performing a scan / Viewing logged virus events

The table provides an " explanation " of the log viewer fields available for Virus events.

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.5.7
    ForceField Version 1.5.053.049 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1009202400
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; January 7th, 2010 at 05:52 AM. Reason: typo & rephrase

runner_bean Guest

Unhappy Re: Scan results not displayed

Helpful answer, but it doesn't explain how to get rid of the Zone Alarm task bar entry which is NOT a minimised report (it doesn't respond to left or right mouse clicks). The only way I can find to get rid of this is to reboot my PC, which is not convenient.

I am using Zone Alarm Seciriity Suite 9.1 008.000 under XP Pro. This problem has only started occurring after upgrading to version 9 from 8. I schedule a weekly automated scan and the task bar entry turns up most times after the scn (but not, I suspect every time - maybe it depends on what the scan finds).

Regs

A longterm user!!

Thread Information