Thread: ZAPRO on Win7 64-Bit with no BSOD

hydrologic Guest

Post ZAPRO on Win7 64-Bit with no BSOD

I have had the same problems with latest ZA and Windows 7 64bit. My machine would lock up every time I tried to log on. I dont get a BSOD, I just get a blank black screen. This is a machine with a clean install and very little software on it. The specs are listed below. I contacted tech support after I uninstalled ZA from safe startup, and they had me disable all programs and services that are checked in the system configuration. That did not help. I can log on to my machine now, but it takes about a half hour to boot up. Also, I have no network access to my server drives. I checked the firewall and my network is in the trusted zone. I have put about 6 hours into trying to get this program to work. So this has cost me about $720 in billable time, plus I am now behind in my work. Unlike ZA, my clients require that we get our work done on time and that it have zero bugs.

I did find that ZA does seem to be a slightly more stable under Win 7 64bit as long as you log in with full administrator rights. If you dont, I think that you are screwed. I would report this to ZA Tech Support but zone alarm is no longer allowing the chat window to work correctly, either that, or its another holiday in India. I will try from another computer. I hope that everyone else has two computers to work from because that is the only way you will get tech support once ZA is installed.

I have been specifiying ZA for my company since Version 2 and have been very happy with it, but for them to release a product, take our money, and claim that the product works when they damn well know it dosn't, is just plane fraud! Its going to be a long time before I recommend Zone Alarm again.

Oh, as a last interesting note, when I tried to enter the zone alarm forum, Zone Alarm popped up a window and recommended that I not enter the site because it is unsafe! I guess that is why they don't monitor it.

System Specs:
    Dual Processor Xeon X5272
    16 Gig of RAM
    4 Seagate 15K Drives in RAID 0
    Windows 7 Pro Clean Install
    Zone Alarm Pro Firewall 2010 ver 9.1.008
    Norton Antivirus ver 17.1.0.19
    Last edited by hydrologic; January 7th, 2010 at 09:51 AM.

Default Re: BSOD with ZAPro and Win7 64-bit

[QUOTE=hydrologic;273966]I have had the same problems with latest ZA and Windows 7 64bit. My machine would lock up every time I tried to log on. I dont get a BSOD, I just get a blank black screen. This is a machine with a clean install and very little software on it. [QUOTE]

Hello,
    please note that ZA staff does not monitor this board. We are all users.

If you have a valid license you can contact, FREE OF CHARGE, the ZA technical support at the links in my...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by hydrologic View Post
    or its another holiday in India.
    By the way, all ZA support staff is in-house no India or other countries involved other than US.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; January 7th, 2010 at 10:38 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

hydrologic Guest

If you have a valid license you can contact, FREE OF CHARGE, the ZA technical support at the links in my... [/I][/QUOTE]

I have already gone that route, they have no idea what the problem is. I have already wasted too many hours working with them trying to figure out why their software does not work.

~~ snip ~~
    Last edited by fax; January 7th, 2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: off topic and unhelpful comment removed.

Default Re: ZAPRO on Win7 64-Bit with no BSOD

I personally have no issue with ZA on Windows 7 64bit and many others users too. There is no generalised issue with win7 64bit and ZA.

I am really sorry you have problems on your machine, unfortunately you need to addressed it with ZA directly. There is little use to keep posting this here. I will thus close this thread very soon.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if you have any other ZA product related issue. Also note that off topic posts not related to the issue will be removed.

I thank you in advance for your kind understanding and support.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; January 7th, 2010 at 10:45 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information