Thread: Anti virus scan locks up

LouisJr Guest

Default Anti virus scan locks up

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.0.114.000, Windows XP with all the updates. After scanning about 2,500 files the scanning process stays on a file forever (at least 12 hours). The process appears to be running but never leaves the file. The file that it stays on is a DLL file. I cannot cancel the scan; it pauses for a minute or so and resumes on the same file. If I cancel and erase the ZA window, ZA disappears from the toolbar and I have to reboot to get it back. I have erased two of the programs with DLL files that grabbed the scan and the scanner just dies on a different DLL file. I have uninstalled ZA, installed AVAST, scanned, uninstalled AVAST, scanned with RootkitRevealer, erased the ZA directory, reinstalled ZA, and get the same results. As a side note, the Product Info/Tech Support link in ZA does not work. Suggestions would be welcome!

Default Re: Anti virus scan locks up

Quote Originally Posted by LouisJr View Post
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.0.114.000, Windows XP with all the updates. After scanning about 2,500 files the scanning process stays on a file forever (at least 12 hours). . As a side note, the Product Info/Tech Support link in ZA does not work. Suggestions would be welcome!

1.) Upgrade ZAES to 9.1.008.000

2.) Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product and ZA version number , Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

3.) NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

4.) Click on the ZA Tech Support Link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

LouisJr Guest

GeorgeV, thanks for the quick response. The upgrade solved the problem. Louis

Your Welcome..

Thank you for your Feedback..

Thread Information