Thread: New ZA won't install, can't uninstall previous version

mommydanise Guest

Default New ZA won't install, can't uninstall previous version

I have tried everything... I can't uninstall ZA security suite or install the new version of ZA available... it keeps saying restart and try again. I am at a loss for what to do. Ultimately my computer is unprotected right now and I need my computer protected as it is my life line to work. Please help anyone...

Sincerely,
    Mommy Danise

Running windows xp professional sp3 I believe since systems completely up to date. I will try the advised methofs. Thanks so much for your responses.
    Last edited by mommydanise; January 8th, 2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: add os info (sorry)

Default Re: New ZA won't install, can't uninstall previous version

You do not provide any details about your system or the specific version of the ZA software. Anyway....

Download and run as adminitrator the ZA removal tool:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

If the above fails you can remove manually your ZA following the instruction detailed below, they require you to boot in SAFE MODE.

I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000)
    I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (Vista)

Download and install the ZA Suite latest version here:
    www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Post Re: New ZA won't install, can't uninstall previous version

Quote Originally Posted by mommydanise View Post
    I have tried everything... I can't uninstall ZA security suite or install the new version of ZA available... it keeps saying restart and try again. I am at a loss for what to do. Ultimately my computer is unprotected right now and I need my computer protected as it is my life line to work. Please help anyone...

Sincerely,
    Mommy Danise
    I agree with Guru Fax..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product and ZA version number , Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

rch_biz Guest

If the above fails you can remove manually your ZA following the instruction detailed below, they require you to boot in SAFE MODE.

QUESTIONs

1) I've seen these for a while. What about when you see a file like zpeng25.dll instead of zpeng24.dll? In short, is this up to date?

2) What about the Zonealarm Backup Folder? People who write these frequently assume that the user is very technical.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by rch_biz View Post

QUESTIONs

1) I've seen these for a while. What about when you see a file like zpeng25.dll instead of zpeng24.dll? In short, is this up to date?

2) What about the Zonealarm Backup Folder? People who write these frequently assume that the user is very technical.

TIA

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product and ZA version number , Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information