Thread: [WORKAROUND] Random Keyboard issue

Hybrid View

Humdagger Guest

Unhappy [WORKAROUND] Random Keyboard issue

every now and again (probably once to three times a day) the keyboard will get itself confused and instead of the keys completing their normal function when pushed you can push any key and it will carry on the following sequence everytime you push it.

qwertyuiop[]asdfghjkl;'zx etc im sure you get the picture.

this has only happened like this ever since i installed zonealarm extreme security 9.1.008.000 on a 3 pc license, The OS is Windows XP SP2 and Windows 7 Ultimate, both are 32bit OS's. (the XP SP2 is a IBM R61 laptop, the Win 7 is a desktop (no brand, a diy job - 2.8ghz sgl processor, 2gb ddr400, agp graphics card, ide hard drives etc))

I have ruled every bit of hardware and software out that could (or potentially) cause this weird issue. it wasn't until i shut zonealarm down and restart it the problem goes away for that time only.

Has anyone come across this or know of a way to resolve this issue. (i have reinstalled my entire system even thou it was a bit extreme), and still does it.

cheers
    Last edited by fax; March 21st, 2010 at 09:38 AM.

naivemelody Guest

Thumbs up Re: Random Keyboard issue/ ForceField/ ZAX

Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthrea...ght=qwertyuiop

"...solve it by turning off ZAE's anti-KeyLogger function under Browser Security > ForceField > Settings > Advanced and turning off the "Block programs that secretly record your keystrokes".
    __________________________________________________ ___________

You could have even searched for " qwertyuiop " and you would have found it yourself. Good idea to read thru ForceField board, there are a few 'quirks' that FF has; there are usually some sort of work-around/ known issues.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    NaiveMelody NYC - 1-10-10 - I'd Love To Change The World - Ten Years After
    Last edited by naivemelody; January 10th, 2010 at 12:23 AM.

Humdagger Guest

Default Re: Random Keyboard issue

cheers for that. I had searched high and low for the answer. I knew someone here would be able to assist.

Thread Information