Thread: Uninstalled ZA Free Now No Access

DznyFan Guest

Default Uninstalled ZA Free Now No Access

Long story short, I uninstalled ZA Free. I used AppRemover after to clean up anything left behind. Now I have no internet access. Looking at the status of the connection I see data trying to get out but nothing being received. I turn on Win firewall, I turn off Win firewall no difference. I did notice that Win firewall is not asking me if I want to block or allow program access. Is cpes-clean used to uninstall ZA or is it run afterward to clean up and stragglers? Thoughts? Thanks.

Win XP Pro - latest updates
    ZA Free - latest version

Default Re: Uninstalled ZA Free Now No Access

[QUOTE=DznyFan;274259]Long story short, I uninstalled ZA Free. I used AppRemover after to clean up anything left behind. Now I have no internet access. Looking at the status of the connection I see data trying to get out but nothing being received. I turn on Win firewall, I turn off Win firewall no difference. I did notice that Win firewall is not asking me if I want to block or allow program access. Is cpes-clean used to uninstall ZA or is it run afterward to clean up and stragglers? Thoughts? Thanks.

Win XP Pro - latest updates (Service Pack 2 or SP3)
    ZA Free - latest version(version Numver would help)[/QUOTE]

Most users that contribute to this forum probably have never used ZoneAlarm Free.So sometimes it is hard to help you,

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type and ZA version number , Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

DznyFan Guest

Sorry. I'm at work, this is the best I can remember right now.
    Win XP Pro SP3
    ZA Free 9.1.007
    Dell Inspiron desktop 530

This is in prep for upgrading to Win 7 Pro 64bit. I uninstalled all security software using AppRemover but ZA wouldn't uninstall so after a reboot I used add/remove programs.

Post Re: Uninstalled ZA Free Now No Access

Quote Originally Posted by DznyFan View Post
    Sorry. I'm at work, this is the best I can remember right now.
    Win XP Pro SP3
    ZA Free 9.1.007
    Dell Inspiron desktop 530

This is in prep for upgrading to Win 7 Pro 64bit. I uninstalled all security software using AppRemover but ZA wouldn't uninstall so after a reboot I used add/remove programs.
    Thank you for your Feedback..

I Use the Paid versions of ZoneAlarm ZA Suite and ZA Extreme, and have Upgraded my WinXP SP3 and Windows Vista SP2 (using ZA Removal Tool)
    the Upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit and then Re-Install ZAss 9.1 and ZA Exteme Security 9.1 with no Problem..

===============

In you Case, with ZA Free 9.1 on Win XP, if you Uninstalled Zone Alarm with Windows ADD/Remove While ZoneAlarm was Still Running, that may Explain why Access to the internet is locked out..

All versions of ZoneAlarm Firewall are designed to Protect themselfs and your Computer fromHackers trying to Shutdown the Firewall, unless you properly Shut down zone Alarm by going to (Overview/Preferences and Un-Check "LOAD Zone Zone Alarm on Start UP")

1.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

2.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

3.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

4.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

spinynorman Guest

Hi, I have followed the above sequence and I still have no internet access after removing ZA 9.1 free. The only way I have been able to restore internet is by restoring windows to a previous restore point but then I am back with ZA. I'm using Win 7 ultimate. I upgraded from vista ultimate (not clean install) some months ago. Zone alarm was working but I want to use an alternative. Note I was using AVG Free v9 for antivirus but had susccessfully removed that in case it was affecting the removal of ZA.
    I have run **** cleaner too, but to no avail.
    Network adapters have the latest drivers and appear fine in device manager. After removing ZA, If I run Windows network diagnostics it suggests that there appears to be a problem with both the wired and wireless network adapters.

A side note: I tried re-installing Hamachi recently and that would not work - it couldn't find the network adapter, even though internet was working fine. Hamachi worked fine with vista previously.

Please don't tell me I have to do a clean install. but I'd love it if you can help.

Thread Information