TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1009603296
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Windows XP SP3, IE 8
    All pop-ups are blocked in IE 8

Program control set on MAX
    Firewall - Internet Security Zone - Med, Trusted Zone - Off.
    This computer is not on a network. Single use only.

I am having several large problems with ZASS.
    #1. I have it scheduled to scan every night starting at 12:30 am. It has not scanned since 12/31/2009.
    #2. I keep getting pop-ups while on internet. So very frustrating. Funny thing is, most of them have the yellow bar at top from Check Point saying that the site may be risky and to prevent this to go to Check Point. Ha ha.
    #3. When ZASS is scanning new email, it says it has scanned so many emails and has junked so many emails. But......the number of emails it says it has scanned and is supposed to be sent to Inbox is always less than what is sent to Inbox. Same thing with Junk mail. It always says it has sent say, for instance 5, to junk, but only 3 show up. Where are the emails??????? I run my internet business from home and I'm so worried that I'm not getting all of my customer and potential customers emails causing me to lose money.
    #4. While using either Google or Yahoo, when the search results page comes up and I click on a result, it takes forever for that page to load. Reason is, for some reason, the page that is trying to load is not what I clicked on. I have to click on the result twice for that page to load.

I am so frustrated with ZASS and I have been using it for several years. I'm desperately trying to figure all of this out and fix it or I will definitely be finding a way to completely uninstall any trace of ZASS and go with another product.

Can anyone help me? Please.
    Last edited by fax; January 14th, 2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Title

ranchcutter Guest

Default Re: Several serious problems

Oh yea, I forgot to ad that since the update to the provious version of ZASS, that's when all of this started, RealOne Player just loads and starts on it's own. A box shows up in top left corner of player saying it cannot find file. It says I can click "Remove" and it won't affect hard drive. I click Remove every single time Real Player loads, which is like 15 times a day!!! I'm always being interrupted in my work!!

Default Re: Several serious problems created by User.

Quote Originally Posted by ranchcutter View Post
    I am running the latest update of ZASS

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1009603296
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Windows XP SP3, IE 8
    All pop-ups are blocked in IE 8

Program control set on MAX
    Firewall - Internet Security Zone - Med, Trusted Zone - Off.
    This computer is not on a network. Single use only.

Can anyone help me? Please.
    1.) Firewall / Main Internet Zone Security = High, Trusted Zone Security = Medium

2.) Firewall / Zones area, Place everything in the Trusted Zone not Internet Zone

3.) Program Control / Main page = Maximum
    SmartDefense Advisor = Manual or Auto
    Automatic Lock = OFF

4.) Program Control / Program Pages ZA/IE8 and all Windows Program Three Green Bars for Trusted Level and Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

6.) We are ALL USERS Here in this Forum, Tech Support and Customer Service do not Monitor this Forum..

Click in the Support link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information