Thread: Download Disappearing!

Hybrid View

ollyfield Guest

Exclamation Download Disappearing!

ok, first of all this has annoyed me..........

I was using free download manager (FMD) to download a large file split up in to 200mb segments (not illegal, they were from vienna instuments) i had downloaded 3 gbs of the stuff. When i tried to open one of them, FMD shut down and all the files disappeared!

After looking around my computer for a while i found these ISW files that were the right sizes.

Found them here: C:\Users\olly\AppData\Roaming\#ISW.FS#\Normal

With filenames like fffffffffffffa45.isw

A bit of research led me to forcefield...

I want these files back, is there anyway that this can happen? i don't want to download again (close to my quota for this month) and i need these files.

I also checked recycle bin, scanned with a file undeleter (although not properly - is there any point?) and tried "Restore Folder to Previous Version" on the download folder.

These files must be somewhere on my computer? surely? So just a little help please or tell me there's no point in trying to get them back.

ok thanks, olly

ollyfield Guest

Default Re: Download Disappearing!

hehe, in my haste i forgot to say what software i have.

Zonealarm Extreme from this ---> ZASPSetup_91_008_001_en

Free Download Manager version 2.5 build 758

Windows 7

Oh yeah, i have turned off forcefield...well i shut down the whole program now.

Default Re: Download Disappearing!

Quote Originally Posted by ollyfield View Post
    I was using free download manager (FMD) to download a large file split up in to 200mb segments (not illegal, they were from vienna instuments) i had downloaded 3 gbs of the stuff. When i tried to open one of them, FMD shut down and all the files disappeared!

I want these files back, is there anyway that this can happen?

ok thanks, olly
    There is no way to recover files inside the Browser Security virtual file system.

ZoneAlarm browser security incorporates virtualization technology, which creates a temporary, isolated area in which stealth attacks and junk are trapped and deleted without harming or cluttering your PC.

e.g. As to where files need to be saved when using unattended downloads typically Download Managers.

If using a download manager.Download to the "ForceField Shared Files" located in "C:\Users\username\Documents\ForceField Shared Files" (for VISTA) or C:\Document and Settings\username\MyDocuments\ForceField Shared Files" (in XP).

Location for " ForceField Shared Files " in Windows 7 OS is the same as in Vista.

Anything you choose to download can be saved to your computer.If you manually initiate the download files yourself, you are able to change the location to save them.

You will be warned if ZoneAlarm browser security detects something dangerous about file you are attempting to download.

Browser Security Help Center at this link :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm

Have no other suggestions to address your issue unless other users might want to provide input.

ZoneAlarm provides free Technical Support with a current ZoneAlarm license.Contact Support for direct one-on-one chat / text-based communication in real time.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; January 15th, 2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typo & paraphrase

Thread Information