Thread: Security updates

olena Guest

Default Security updates

I recently downloaded the latest security update but I was unable to finish installing it. I have downloaded again and tried to install but I get a message that says that the update is there. Everytime I open my computer I get a message that says I must download this security update. Where can I find this update on my computer so I can install it or what do I have to do to get this latest security update.

I am using windows XP Professional and Zone Alarm Security Suite V 8.0.298.035, computer HP laptop.

Thanks.
    Last edited by olena; January 15th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Post Re: Security updates

Quote Originally Posted by olena View Post
    I recently downloaded the latest security update but I was unable to finish installing it. I have downloaded again and tried to install but I get a message that says that the update is there. Everytime I open my computer I get a message that says I must download this security update. Where can I find this update on my computer so I can install it or what do I have to do to get this latest security update.

Thanks.

Sorry we can not READ your mind or see your computer screen, so you will have to provide more information, Like What Type and version of Zone Alarm you are Talking about.. there are five different types, and differences between Za Version 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 and 9,1..

What version and sevice pack upgrade of Whindoes are youn using, there are Differences between WinXP, Vista and Windows 7..

=====================================
    This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type and ZA version number , Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

olena Guest

Exclamation Security update

Lets try again,

I am using Windows XP Professional SP3 on an HP laptop. My Zone alarm Software is: Zone Alarm Security Suite V 8.0.298.035

The Problem: I downloaded a a security update but I was unable to install it. Everytime I open my computer I get a warning to download the latest secutity update. I have tried to redownload but when it gets to the end of the download I am told that the security update is already there. So I cannot continue and the update remains uninstalled. I think this update is in a temporary file until it is installed. Where can I find this file to install it or is there another way I can download this security update.

If you need further information I will continue answering this thread.

Thanks.

Default Re: Security updates

Hi!

Is your OS fully updated? Check it here: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

Are you running any other security tool? Please note that ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, Avast free, NOD, Kaspersky, Comodo, Rising, PC Doctor, MS Security Essential, AVIRA and many others. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZA is working as it should. Double check you have really removed all other security tools by running this utility http://www.appremover.com/

First Download the new ZA version here:
    www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload

Then remove your current version with the ZA removal tool:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Check the system for malware. Check with MBAM See download links here:
    http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showpost...07&postcount=2

Clean your system and registry with ccleaner.com
    http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim

Install the new ZA with default settings do NOT alter them. After re-boot go to ZA antivirus/antispyware and 'Update Now' and do not restore any previous ZA settings.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

olena Guest

I have downloaded the new version and it is working but I have not removed the current version. This may sound like a silly question but should I remove the current version if the new version is working.

Thanks.

garywa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by olena View Post
    I have downloaded the new version and it is working but I have not removed the current version. This may sound like a silly question but should I remove the current version if the new version is working.

Thanks.
    Something else is wrong - you can't have 2 versions installed at the same time. How do you know both versions are installed?

Here is my ZA information:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1010139360
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Thread Information