Thread: [SOLVED] Pop up Window Switch to Max Security

xenos Guest

Default [SOLVED] Pop up Window Switch to Max Security

I use Zonealarm extreme Security to protect three computers (two at work) and a laptop at home. Since yesterday I am receiving a pop up window(in all computers) alerting me that
    Zonealarm Security was operating at reduced security while learning my system. It presents
    two choises to Switch to maximum security or Continue learning mode (for another 21 days)
    I repeat that this happens to all computers. Whatever I choose this window keeps coming up again and again every 15 or so minutes. Looking in the firewall setting - Internet Zone security - the setting is High.
    Last edited by fax; January 18th, 2010 at 08:34 AM.

Default Re: Pop up Window Switch to Max Security

Hi!
    yes, its normal to receive the message. Its not normal that you keep getting it. What are you answering? Are you logged as administrator on the PCs? Are you running any other security tool or tool that limit the access to the registry or the system or protect a particular area?

ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, Avast free, NOD, Kaspersky, Comodo, Rising, PC Doctor, Avira, MS Security Essential and many others. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZA is working as it should. Double check you have really removed all other security tools by running this utility http://www.appremover.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by xenos View Post
    Looking in the firewall setting - Internet Zone security - the setting is High.
    Looking in the wrong section. It is the ZA program control section that should be set to MAX

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

xenos Guest

Hi Fax
    I don't use other antivirus or antispyware programs.

(My laptop is a brand new machine (win7 ultimate ) with only Ms office on it

the other computers are older and run WinXP Sp3.)

I have tried in the different computers both choices but whatever I choose the
    window keeps coming up.

Which answer are you choosing? You are logged in how?
    Which version of ZA are you using? How is the ZA program control set to? MAX or AUTO?
    Which langauge? US? or?

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to clipboard --> Paste it here ... Full info please

You need to be much more chatty otherwise its very difficult to understand your issue...

Fax

xenos Guest

Fax
    Reading more carefully your first answer I moved the slider of the Program Control to the maximum setting. Problem solved.
    I always protect Zonealarm with a password. My choice is when the learning period ends and Zonealarm asks to turn into the maximum setting to answer yes. When I changed the setting manually, Zonealarm asked for my password and then changed the setting.

When I tried to change the setting to maximum security(Answering the pop up window) zonealam didn't change it - perhaps due to fact that it needed a password.

This was a new problem for me - it occured after installing Zonealarm Security Extreme.

Again Thank you very much

The version of ZA that I use is
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1009939968
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.69
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.040

You're welcome!
    Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Your info on ZA including DAT numbering do not evidence any other problem...

You may experience some pop-ups now that ZA program control is at MAX especially if you installing updates or new programs. Be careful on giving the right answer to pop-ups to avoid programs to stop working.

I will close this thread since the issue is resolved. Do no hesitate to open a new thread in case of any other issue.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information