Thread: icsak.sys

JWoods Guest

Default icsak.sys

I downloaded version 9.0 today and restarted my PC. When I made the first mouse click in a text box I got the BSOD (blue screen of death) referring to file - icsak.sys not being verified. I traced this to the Check Point directory and then deleted Zone Alarm. The problem went away.

I then re-installed and was back to same position. I checked on web on my other PC and there seemed to be some doubt as to the status of this file. It could have been a virus. after further searching, I renamed the file and turned off Force Field.

Is there a better solution to this?

Default Re: icsak.sys

Hi!
    please report to ZA technical support. This is the only way to properly log and troubleshoot the issue. Link in my signature

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Welty Guest

Hi,
    I have the same Problem with 9.0 and 9.1. Support could not help in October last last year.
    Anybody here with some good Ideas?
    Thomas

Hi!
    please refer always back to support. If they are not made aware of the not resolved issue they will not log, troubleshoot and eventually escalate it to development.

Its good manner to always start your own thread, detailing the version of ZA (since October new ZA versions have been released), system and brand as well as other running tools at boot.

thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by Welty View Post
    Hi,
    I have the same Problem with 9.0 and 9.1. Support could not help in October last last year.
    Anybody here with some good Ideas?
    Thomas
    I agree with Guru Fax,

1.) If you Contacted Tech Support in October with a problem, and the advise you got did not Fix the problem, You needed to provide more Feedback to Tech Support, otherwise they assume your problem was solved and will not Log your Problem or Esculate your problem on to the Developers for further Consideration..

2.) As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules,ask each User to Please start their own thread.

This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

3.) Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

This insures that we have enough information to try to Diagnose your problem.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or World,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 18th, 2010 at 03:48 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information