Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF Toolbar doesn't show

MN5280 Guest

Exclamation FF Toolbar doesn't show

I have two computers one with XPsp3 and the other with Vista Buisness 64bit, both with the latest updates to ZAES. The FF toolbar doesn't show on either one. Tried with IE7, IE8, and Firefox 3.5 doesn't work with any browser. I can enable and disable on all browsrs but doesn't appear to be any change, with firefox when I attempt to uncheck it from displaying the following error appears
    "unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]".
    The check download file doesn't work on the Vista machine but does in the XP. I have done a clean uninstall and reinstall of ZAES on the vista machine with no change, I have disabled all other services except FF with no result.
    Am able to turn browser security off and on from ZAES with no result.
    Anyone else having problems with FF or a solution to my problem.

Default Re: FF Toolbar doesn't show

Quote Originally Posted by MN5280 View Post
    I have two computers one with XPsp3 and the other with Vista Buisness 64bit, both with the latest updates to ZAES. The FF toolbar doesn't show on either one. Tried with IE7, IE8, and Firefox 3.5 doesn't work with any browser. I can enable and disable on all browsrs but doesn't appear to be any change, with firefox when I attempt to uncheck it from displaying the following error appears
    "unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]".
    The check download file doesn't work on the Vista machine but does in the XP. I have done a clean uninstall and reinstall of ZAES on the vista machine with no change, I have disabled all other services except FF with no result.
    Am able to turn browser security off and on from ZAES with no result.
    Anyone else having problems with FF or a solution to my problem.
    I would suggest to contact support on your ZoneAlarm Extreme Security issues.

If your license is current contact Support at this link :

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

On Firefox failure code I would suggest to check out this site :

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

Have no other suggestions to address your issue unless other users might have some input on this issue.

Have a nice Day

pakled Guest

i have the same problem on 2 different compputers -- 1 at work running XP and 1 at home running Win7. the problem occurs with both firefox and iE on both PCs.

everything was working fine a few days ago but i suspect an update screwed something up. now, the FF toolbar doesn't load and FF doesn't appear to be running at all -- no glowing border, no toolbar. and clearing virtual data does nothing. i've been using ZA basically problem free for 15 years, but in the past few months, it's been one thing after another. Win7 growing pains maybe??

in any case, any ideas on how to fix FF (again)???

Quote Originally Posted by pakled View Post
    i have the same problem on 2 different compputers -- 1 at work running XP and 1 at home running Win7. the problem occurs with both firefox and iE on both PCs.

everything was working fine a few days ago but i suspect an update screwed something up. now, the FF toolbar doesn't load and FF doesn't appear to be running at all -- no glowing border, no toolbar. and clearing virtual data does nothing. i've been using ZA basically problem free for 15 years, but in the past few months, it's been one thing after another. Win7 growing pains maybe??

in any case, any ideas on how to fix FF (again)???
    If that's the case and no other users haven't provided input to address this issue (376 views) is because they don't have an answer.

ZoneAlarm provides free Technical Support with a current ZoneAlarm license.Contact Support for direct one-on-one chat / text-based communication in real time.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; January 13th, 2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: rephrase & added one-on-one chat

pakled Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    If that's the case and no other users haven't provided input to address this issue (376 views) is because they don't have an answer.
    if that's the case, tech support wont have the answer either. thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by pakled View Post
    if that's the case, tech support wont have the answer either. thanks anyway
    Sorry, in that case your particular problem may never be Fixed, Unless you Report the details of your Problem or Conflict and the Details of your particular Computer Hardware and Configuration to Tech Support...

It is Impossible for the Software Developers to Program their product to Cover EVERY possible problem or Conflict,

They Only program to cover know Problems or known conflicts..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 18th, 2010 at 04:58 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

GMnemonic Guest

Exclamation Re: FF Toolbar doesn't show

unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]

Again I have the same error as the first user above and on 2 totally diffent computers..

I also vouch for a solution, this machine has had it with Vista 64 bit and with Win 7 64 bit. Very very soon after install.

ab-onguard Guest

Angry Re: FF Toolbar doesn't show

Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit user had ZA extreme security user. I had both Firefox 3.6 (and previous 3.5) and IE 8 showing the Zonealarm Toolbar for two months. The Zonealarm Toolbar was functioning for almost 2 months.

Windows 7 locked up/froze and I manually rebooted. After doing so, the Zonelarm Toolbar does not appear within neither IE 8 or Firefox 3.6. My Firefox 3.6 configuration was corrupted. (bookmarks, cookies, add-ons not appearing).

I uninstalled Zonealarm and Firefox 3.6. I used cpes_clean PRIOR to reinstalling Zonelarm Extreme Security. Rebooted several times and ensured there were not any Zonealarm or Check Point folders on my C drive, including within Windows 7 user / application folders.

I turned off my PC.

After starting my PC, I proceeded to reinstall ZA ES, most recent version zaZAX 9.1.8.1.

After successfully reintalling ZA Extreme Security and enabling Forcefield fully, neither IE 8 or Firefox 3.6 shows the Zonealarm Toolbar (both browsers ZA toolbar option checked).

I think I have followed all of the previous recommended suggestions.

Has anyone a suggestion for emailing TECH SUPPORT. I saved a screen print of the javascript error message?

If you have done all of that I doubt that ZA support can help. Have you tried to restore the system to a previous restore point? From there you could remove and reinstall ZAX

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ab-onguard Guest

Smile Re: FF Toolbar doesn't show

Thanks for replying, Fax.

Prior to receiving your email, I unstalled ZoneAlarm. However, this time I ran cpes_clean FIRST. By doing so, ZoneAlarm no longer appeared within "add and delete". Previously I had uninstalled ZoneAlarm Security through the Control Panel applet.

As before, I searched my registry's software folders for ZoneAlarm. I searched Windows 7's program folder and my application data to ensure both ZoneAlarm and CheckPoint files were removed. Nothing was found in either.

I shutdown my PC.

After starting up, I reinstalled ZA Extreme Security. Prior to opening any application, I ensure Forcefield and other settings were as needed.

I rebooted.

After doing so, I opened IE 8. The ZA Toolbar appeared. Started Firefox 3.6, the ZA Toolbar appeared.

IN MY CASE, RUNNING CPES_CLEAN FIRST SOLVED MY PROBLEM. That's contrary to uninstalling any program application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information