Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decreased security in new forcefield

Default Re: Decreased security in new forcefield

Quote Originally Posted by bralbral View Post
    Ok, so that's no good for a test then. The other problem is still real though, a history is kept from private session to private session, although I have no idea where it might be saved, it's not visible from non-private sessions.
    Nope, all works fine here. You probably see the history of your non private browser or non protected one.

Test it like this. Open a private browser. Go to a site you know you never ever been before. Then close the window. Now open a new private browser window. Write the same address. Does it appear in the history? It should not.

What difference does it really make whether it's on or off?
    When is it good to enable virtualization, when isn't it?
    Is it ever?
    OFF --> Browser is NOT isolated from the rest of the system. drive-by-download can install files on the system without user consent.

ON --> Browser is isolated

Why has it been relegated to an opt-in?
    becuase it can slow down booting under certain configurations and also because novice users are very confused by what "sandboxing" and virtualization means and end up thinking ZA is buggy due to certain behaviour.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bralbral Guest

You've just got to trust me on this one, I've been over it with the techs four to five times already, I've done one reset, one specially cleaned uninstall/reinstall and fifteen browser files and virtual data cleanouts. Every time the privat browsing sessions, after first being clean, starts after a while to give auto-type suggestions for sites that I've definitely only visited in private sessions. These auto-type suggestions do not appear in non-private sessions.
    I do have a pretty low-end system (1,6GHz Laptop), and have been experiencing some unknown stability issues (also I have no C: harddrive which seems to cause no end of trouble with all sorts of programs). It might very well be that this doesn't show in every system out there... but it might show on some.

You've just got to trust me on this one, I've been over it with the techs four to five times already, I've done one reset, one specially cleaned uninstall/reinstall and fifteen browser files and virtual data cleanouts. Every time the privat browsing sessions, after first being clean, starts after a while to give auto-type suggestions for sites that I've definitely only visited in private sessions. These auto-type suggestions do not appear in non-private sessions.
    I do have a pretty low-end system (1,6GHz Laptop), and have been experiencing some unknown stability issues (also I have no C: harddrive which seems to cause no end of trouble with all sorts of programs). It might very well be that this doesn't show in every system out there... but it might show on some.
    Uuuhm, indeed weird setup
    I can't really re-produce the issue... sorry.

You could try the latest beta ZAX 9.1.118.000 a lot of fixes and improvements....

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information