Thread: How do I remove virus not picked up by anti-virus software?

LizAllen Guest

Default How do I remove virus not picked up by anti-virus software?

Please help!

I have current Zonealarm anti-virus software running on my pc and have downloaded latest updates and re-scanned my pc but it is still not picking up what must be a new virus called LIVE PC GUARD - it keeps bombarding me with warnings that I'm infected with all sorts of viruses and I don't know how I can remove it. Can anyone help?

garywa Guest

Default Re: How do I remove virus not picked up by anti-virus software?

When I Googled pc live guard virus, I found many solutions, including this one:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...-pc-live-guard

Basically, it directs you to download Malwarebytes scanner which is recommended in this sticky forum topic:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70448

Good Luck!

LizAllen Guest

Smile Re: How do I remove virus not picked up by anti-virus software?

That worked like a dream!! Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it

garywa Guest

You're welcome!

Glad it worked for you

selcraig Guest

yes, thank you. i'm in the middle of running the malwarebytes fix. however, i keep getting a ZA security alert (green) telling me that ywcmsysguard.exe is trying to access the trusted zone.
    what's this about?

Post Re: How do I remove virus not picked up by anti-virus software?

Quote Originally Posted by selcraig View Post
    yes, thank you. i'm in the middle of running the malwarebytes fix. however, i keep getting a ZA security alert (green) telling me that ywcmsysguard.exe is trying to access the trusted zone.
    what's this about?
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm users Forum..

1.) We prefer that your Start your own Trend, rather than "HI-JACK" another users Request for Help..

2.) It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 23rd, 2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information