Thread: Connection Utility

saberman Guest

Default Connection Utility

I got an alert from ZoneAlarm Internet Suite about a program trying to connect to another machine in my LAN. I clicked on the More Info... button. The page that was displayed included a sidebar that was titled STAY INFORMED which said there was a "New connection utility available" with the following features:
    Who is connected to your machine?
    Where are they connection from?
    What program is being used?

When I clicked on the link I got a page advertising ZoneAlarm Extreme Security.

Where is the download link for the "New connection utility"?

Default Re: Connection Utility

Hi!
    please contact ZA support about it. Unless other users have better ideas I have not seen any new connection utility by ZA.
    May be it is the warning you got after having updated with the latest MS IE patches (new network)?

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

saberman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    please contact ZA support about it. Unless other users have better ideas I have not seen any new connection utility by ZA.
    I forced a warning popup for FileZilla. Then I clicked on the Info... button. You can see the information about a new connection utility on the left side of this page:
    http://pralerts.zonealarm.com/pranal...7&tab=overview
    (You may have to click the link a few times to get past the "We are sorry, but the SmartDefense Advisor is unable to service your request at this time." error.

I'll check with ZA support but it seems silly to have to open chat window to ask about about a link on their web site.
    Last edited by saberman; January 22nd, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

The link you posted seems broken...
    Tried several time... always broken

it seems silly to have to open chat window to ask about about a link on their web site
    Its their website... to whom you should ask?
    Last edited by fax; January 22nd, 2010 at 07:07 AM.

saberman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    The link you posted seems broken...
    Tried several time... always broken
    Are you getting the "unavailable" message? If it is some other message the link may only work from the machine the alert was issued on.

Its their website... to whom you should ask?
    It is not a quest of whom but of how. Interactive chats are effective when there is a need for a back and forth discussion -- i.e. debugging. They are extremely ineffective when all that is needed is a specific answer to a specific question because of the wasted setup time.

Here is a link to the image: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/up...s/avrbnr31.gif
    Last edited by saberman; January 22nd, 2010 at 07:38 AM.

Well.. wasted or not wasted. How you expect users to know what is behind a broken link if not from the publishers of that link?

In here you will get just guess work. For example, from the pdf you have posted it looks like an advert for the ZA commercial partners. Most likely very outdated.
    The ZA partners store is located here.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information