Thread: Internet Explorer 7 Problems

Hybrid View

topshelf Guest

Default Internet Explorer 7 Problems

For sometime now I have noticed that every once in awhile my IE 7 page will reset back to its default state. All my custom arranging of IE 7 change back to the way IE 7 appears when you first install windows. I will customize the page back to the way I like it, only to have it change again several days later.

My tool bar will change back to its default state. My favorites on the “Links” bar will be rearranged, my internet cache will reset back to its normal amount, the number of days the history is kept will reset and my home page resets back Microsoft MSN.

I discovered that this only happens when I clear “Virtual Data” under the advanced settings of Zone Alarms browser security. I can reset homepage back to the way I like it, clear “Virtual Data” and the change happens every time.

Help, any ideas!!!!!

I am currently running Win Xp Pro, service pack #3 with all updates, up to date. I am using the latest version of Zone Alarm Extreme and have my updates set to every three hours. I scan regularly with Zone Alarm Extreme, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. I am sure I have no virus, infact did fresh install of XP Pro last week.

Default Re: Internet Explorer 7 Problems

Hi!
    yes, this looks ok. It is by design. Its a security feature related to the browser security.
    Go to ZA browser security and turn it OFF. Make all your customisation needed and ONLY then turn back ON virtualization.

May be you could have a good reading of the forcefield online help?
    Here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; January 22nd, 2010 at 08:26 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

topshelf Guest

Thank you so much for the quick response!!

Won't they all change again at a later date if and when I again clear "Virtual Data" again. The little "Why do this?" next to the clear virtual date tab seems to indicate it is a good idea to clear now and then.

Hi!
    Many of the changes you apply when in virtual mode will be removed when cleaning the virtual data. To keep the changes you need to turn off the tool before.

You do not need to clean the virtual data often. Only when you see your browser act weird.

Cheers,
    Fax

topshelf Guest

It worked, thank you so much!! That was driving me crazy.

Again thank you

You're welcome!!!
    Glad to hear I was of help.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information