Thread: Windows 7 Sync to HP Q9c

thom_little Guest

Default Windows 7 Sync to HP Q9c

I am running Windows 7 Professional and prior to installing ZoneAlarm Extreme I could sync to my HP Q9c smartphone using Windows Mobile Device Center.

After installing ZoneAlarm it refuses to connect.

There is a trusted network for the device (called LOCAL). I have made evey Windows Mobile module "Super".

What do I need to do in Windows 7 to sync with my HP Q9c?

... Thom

thom_little Guest

Default Re: Windows 7 Sync to HP Q9c

There is a possible solution in the Beta Forum thread called WMDC Sync. The solution worked for someone using Mobile 6.5. It does not work for me.

... Thom

Post Re: Windows 7 Sync to HP Q9c

Quote Originally Posted by thom_little View Post
    I am running Windows 7 Professional and prior to installing ZoneAlarm Extreme I could sync to my HP Q9c smartphone using Windows Mobile Device Center.

After installing ZoneAlarm it refuses to connect.

There is a trusted network for the device (called LOCAL). I have made evey Windows Mobile module "Super".

What do I need to do in Windows 7 to sync with my HP Q9c?

... Thom

There is the Rub?

How many other Zone Alarm users are also using "HP Q9c?"

I have Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit and ZA Extreme, and I have no problem Updating and Syncing my "BLACKBERRY Storm" using "Blackberry Desktop Manager" ver. 5.0.1.28 while Zone Alarm Extreme is Running.. ( with Both ZAES 9.1.008.000 and ZAES 9.1.118.000 BETA)

as suggested before, Please continue to send suplimental Feedback to the ZA Beta Development Team so that they can troubleshoot your particular Computer and Software setup..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 16th, 2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

thom_little Guest

I have uninstalled ZAES 118 and am waiting for instructions from ZA Beta and/or ZA Tech Support.

9F-3 BSOD occurs withinh three days if Hibernation is enabled and ZAES is running.
    Cannot sync to HP Q9c if ZAES is installed.

... Thom

Hello,

Well I have a Motorola Q8h Windows 6.1 smartphone and I sync it daily via bluetooth with my Thinkpad T400 Windows 7 64bit, ZoneAlarm Extreme 9.1.008 with no issues at all.

I setup ZA to allow it to setup my programs automatically. I don't try to configure everything unless it does not know how to set up the program.

I also use Windows Mobile Device center, I never had to manually change any program settings. ZA knew what the settings should be and set them up automatically.

On the first Sync you must sync via the usb cable and after that you can switch to bluetooth if you like.

But no issues here what so ever syncing.

That could be why Dev has not fixed it yet because they cant reproduce the issue.

Forum Moderator
    ZoneAlarm
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information