Thread: Not sending internet downloads to right place

nativemontanan Guest

Default Not sending internet downloads to right place

I have Zonealarm Extreme Security. I'm using Windows XP. I think since I downloaded it that things I download from the internet go to a file called My Documents under Desktop. This is not the My Documents that I use all the time and that I thought was set up by my computer. I have a download folder there for all downloads. I download merchant statements from credit card companies(Excel), pictures, and some neat presentation sent to me(PowerPoint). I can't find these downloads unless I search for them, still haven't found the PowerPoint. This My Documents doesn't appear when I click My Computer etc. I think I've got something in Zonealarm set so these events happen.

Default Re: Not sending internet downloads to right place

Hi!
    for security reason forcefield will retain all downloads initiated without the user intervention in "C:\Document and Settings\username\MyDocuments\ForceField Shared Files"
    (location varies according to the OS used)

If you are using a download manager you have to set as download folder the same as the folder above mentioned (forcefield shared files) otherwise the downloads will not be saved.

If instead you are initiating a download yourself ZA forcefield will ask you where to save the file. Just point forcefield wherever you want and the file will be saved in that location (just push SAVE and choose the location - see screenshot below).

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; January 23rd, 2010 at 08:33 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

nativemontanan Guest

Thanks for the idea. I'm thinking most of the time it is not giving me a place to save it to when I hit save. However I just downloaded something and it did. Maybe I'm absent mindedly not hitting the right button. Nope even though I told it to send it to My Documents/.../Downloads, it did not.

Quote Originally Posted by nativemontanan View Post
    Nope even though I told it to send it to My Documents/.../Downloads, it did not.
    Then it does not work as it should. NO idea what is the problem sorry. Try to contact ZA technical support. Link in signature.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information