Thread: New Alert Received

jstme Guest

Question New Alert Received

Hi,

I have been using the same version of ZA Antivirus/firewall for months, (used ZA antivirus/firewall for many years) and the same version of AOL (America Online) on a daily basis for years, and have never before received the messages I received from ZA when starting AOL tonight, and am hoping someone can tell me why I received them.

These are the messages that popped up...

AOL was trying to reconfigure software by modifying the registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID

AOL was trying to reconfigure software by modifying the registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES

The messages are from the ZA operating system firewall and referenced the main exe file of AOL, waol.exe. I did not allow the changes and closed and restarted AOL to see if it did that again and it did.

Other than updating security programs, (updated the detections files each time they were used but only updated one actual program, which was Malwarebytes, and that was a couple of weeks ago and have used AOL many times since) I have made no changes on my computer for many months. I immediately scanned with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware after receiving this message, neither found any problems on my system, nor did the very recent scan ZA did. I have never had any viruses or malware on my system and am running Windows XP Home.

Does anyone have any idea why this message would suddenly appear tonight and if I should allow those changes the next time?

BTW, AOL works just fine without me having allowed the changes.
    Last edited by jstme; January 25th, 2010 at 01:13 AM.

Thread Information