Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar -- FALSE POSITIVE - Fixed

Hybrid View

Olep Guest

Default Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar -- FALSE POSITIVE - Fixed

in about 15 mins I got over 5 alers saying that Zonealarm has quarantined different things and it keeps popping up, what do I do?
    I'm using ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000 and Windows XP
    the name is: Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar.

And ZA have quarantined 5 of these, all located in Temporary Internet Files.
    What to do? if I delete them, then a after a few mins I get new alerts that this tojan is quarantined...

TIA
    Last edited by fax; January 25th, 2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: edited title to hint to solution

natasham Guest

Default Re: Hopefully this is the right forum-How do I get rid of this?

I am getting the same message - it claims to have quarantined 3 of these trojans
    I did a google search and Kapersky say its a false posiitve
    No doubt our techs at Zone will be looking into this

Default Re: Hopefully this is the right forum-How do I get rid of this?

Hi!
    see the below link for determining false positives and report them to kaspersky:
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70505

Merged messages in one. To avoid multiple messages on the same issue.

EDIT: It is confirmed to be a false positive and will be fixed with next updates
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php...c=155379&st=20

Cheers,
    fax
    Last edited by fax; January 25th, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ananda Guest

Default Re: Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar -- It is a FALSE POSITIVE

It may be a false positive, but it seems to be a very persistent one, for after the latest update at 16:50 CET (Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1010390752), i.e. being more than 7 hours later than the one of this morning (09:24 CET), it is still there... And the update version number is still the same as well. Well, at least over here, on three computers.

Ananda
    Last edited by ananda; January 25th, 2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Updating time + more info

sloopskipper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Olep View Post
    in about 15 mins I got over 5 alers saying that Zonealarm has quarantined different things and it keeps popping up, what do I do?
    I'm using ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000 and Windows XP
    the name is: Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar.

And ZA have quarantined 5 of these, all located in Temporary Internet Files.
    What to do? if I delete them, then a after a few mins I get new alerts that this tojan is quarantined...

TIA
    Same here, I think it came from hxxp://xxxxombia.proboards.com, early this morning. But typically, it seems to have been ignored since it was mentioned here in March of last year.

There is considerable mention on the internet, but no clear consensus if it's bogus, or not.

Seems I remember reading that ZA doesn't read this board, DUHHHHHH! Perhaps if they did it would not take months to resolve issues.
    Last edited by fax; January 25th, 2010 at 03:59 AM. Reason: direct links - Removed

shaldane Guest

I almost got a heart attack as it kept clocking the infections! 5 infections showed in less than 15 minsutes. It's still happening even after the latest update.

hey_moe Guest

Norton,Kaspersky,ZA, and others are also reporting the same problem. It is false. Even if you go into your registry, and temp files where it says it is located there is nothing there. I would find it hard to believe the whole internet got trashed by yet another tird clown.

GimplyGump Guest

Cool Re: Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar -- It is a FALSE POSITIVE

Just a note, as of 9:34 EDT it's still here. Annoying as ****, too.

davemiller Guest

Unhappy Re: Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar -- It is a FALSE POSITIVE

Still happening at 10:58 AM EDT.

This is probably wreaking havoc on my Adsense revenue.

ananda Guest

Smile Re: Trojan.JS.Redirector.ar -- No more alarms

Hi

It says on Kaspersky's site that "by 19:00 Moscow time the company’s products had stopped generating alerts for legitimate Internet pages".

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1010402720

Ananda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information